Acrobatic Shows in Shanghai
A tradition dating back to the Qin Dynasty, acrobatic shows are the Chinese equivalent of Cirque du Soleil, with dangerous stunts, magic, comedy, theater, and Chinese acrobatic arts. Here’s what you need to know about seeing a show in Shanghai.
See a modern performance complete with special effects at Chinese Circus World, one of Shanghai’s most famous acrobatic shows.
Opt for a truly traditional performance at the Shanghai Acrobatics School or Shanghai Center Theatre.
Make the most of your time in Shanghai by combining your plate-spinning, hoop-diving Shanghai circus performance with a dumpling dinner at Din Tai Fung or a nighttime visit to the Bund, French Concession, People’s Square, and the Xintiandi neighborhood.
Shows generally last an hour to 75 minutes.
Most tours include hotel transfers in Shanghai.
- Acrobatics Shows in Shanghai
- Eating in Shanghai
- Best Day Trips from Shanghai
- 3 Days in Shanghai
- Tea-Tasting Tours
- Family-Friendly Tours
- Ways to Beat the Crowds in Shanghai
- Things to Do in Shanghai This Spring
- Things to Do in Shanghai This Fall
- Things to Do in Shanghai This Winter
- First-Timers Guide to Shanghai
- Things to Do in Shanghai This Summer
- How to Get Around in Shanghai
- Acrobatic Shows in Shanghai