Victoria Day Trips From Seattle
Read MoreShow Less
Victoria, British Columbia’s proud and preened capital city, makes a perfect day trip from Seattle. Take the scenic ferry ride across Puget Sound to discover the Garden City’s lush parks and British-style architecture. Here are some tips to help plan your Victoria excursion from Seattle.
Top Things to Do in Victoria
- Tour Butchart Gardens, a 54-acre (22-hectare) National Historic Site of Canada that features a stunning collection of flowers and Japanese-style gardens
- Visit the neo-baroque British Columbia Parliament Buildings, home to the region’s provincial government
- Head to the city’s Inner Harbour, a waterfront area populated in the warmer months by an eclectic range of street musicians and entertainers
- Stroll along the highly-walkable streets of Downtown Victoria, an area that boasts a wealth of eateries, coffee shops, and cultural attractions
Taking the Ferry Between Seattle and Victoria
One of the most popular ways to get to Victoria from Seattle is by ferry. Many Victoria-bound travelers opt for the Victoria Clipper, a high-speed catamaran that features onboard amenities like comfortable seating, a duty-free gift shop, and a variety of food and drink options.
Things to Know
- Victoria is located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island
- The ferry trip from Seattle to Victoria typically takes just under three hours
- Victoria is known for its mild climate, with rainy winters and cool summers
- Make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes to take advantage of Victoria’s pedestrian-friendly downtown
- Biking is an extremely popular Victoria activity, and the city offers numerous bike paths and stores offering rentals
2 Tours and Activities | All Seattle Tours
Taking a day trip from Seattle to Victoria, Canada has never been easier. Leave from downtown Seattle to Vancouver Island aboard the Victoria Clipper. The high-speed vessel takes you on a relaxing cruise through Puget Sound to Victoria’s Inner Harbor. This is a passenger-only ferry featuring comfortable seats, a duty-free gift shop, and a cafe with one-way or round-trip options available. Proper identification is needed to cross the border.
Experience beautiful and renowned Butchart Gardens, plus the quaint city of Victoria, British Columbia, on this all-day tour from Seattle. Enjoy a relaxing, scenic ferry ride through picturesque Puget Sound (watch for whales) en route to Victoria, one of the oldest cities in the Pacific Northwest. Explore the seemingly endless array of floral displays at Butchart Gardens, then visit some of Victoria’s best places. This tour includes all transportation and admission to Butchart Gardens.