Top Sapporo Winter Sports
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
Japan’s northernmost main island, Hokkaido is known for its white winters. When leaves turn and the snow starts to fall, the people of Sapporo know how to make the best of a chilly situation. Get out and enjoy the snow with these popular winter activities.
- Go ice fishing for smelt on the frozen Barato River.
- Take an ice crusher cruise to Monbetsu Ocean Park and Okhotsk sea ice observation tower.
- Stroll along the icy Otaru Canal, a famous landmark in Hokkaido, on a day trip from Sapporo.
- Hit the slopes at Sapporo International Ski Resort for a day of skiing, snowboarding, or sledding.
- Snowshoe through a forest to the Cave of Ice Stalagmites, one of Sapporo’s winter wonders.
- Marvel at giant snow sculptures during the Sapporo Snow Festival, one of Hokkaido’s most popular winter events, in Odori Park.
- Warm up in the hot spring water of a traditional Japanese onsen.
1 result | All Sapporo Tours
By now you have seen the photos, watched the videos, and heard your friends tell of the amazing skiing in Japan. That is why you are here because you want a piece of the world’s deepest powder. But not many people know just how much skiing there is in Japan and the difference between resorts and regions. Let us provide a Japan ski/snowboard trip that will have you in the best snow and in the right lodges, and with local knowledge that other companies cannot offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What Winter Sports in Sapporo are good for avoiding crowds?
- Things to do in Hokkaido
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Saitama Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Tokyo Prefecture
- Things to do in Chiba Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanto