Mt. Moiwa (Moiwa-yama) Tours and Tickets
One of Sapporo’s most famous sightseeing attractions is Mt. Moiwa (Moiwa-yama), a forested mountain located southwest of Sapporo. Popular for its city views, especially at sunset, the mountain’s summit and observation deck are accessible by way of the Mt. Moiwa Ropeway, an aerial tramway system that climbs 1,200 feet (366 meters) in two segments.
From the summit, the views extend past the city of Sapporo to the Ishikari Plain, Ishikari Bay and the Yubari Mountains in the distance. In the winter, the south side of Mt. Moiwa serves as one of Sapporo’s most popular ski resorts.
During the summers, hikers can take advantage of five different mountain trails winding through the forests of Mt. Moiwa.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Mt. Moiwa (Moiwa-yama)
- Asahiyama Memorial Park (Asahiyama Kinen Koen)
- Maruyama Park (Maruyama Koen)
- Mt. Okura Observatory
- Toyohira River
- Odori Park (Odori Koen)
- Sapporo TV Tower
- Shiroi Koibito Park
- Nopporo Forest Park (Nopporo Shinrin Koen)
- Hoheikyo Onsen
- Chitose River (Chitose Gawa)
- Sapporo Beer Hokkaido Brewery
- Lake Shikotsu (Shikotsuko)
- Mt. Tarumae (Tarumae-zan)