Carlos El Pibe Valderrama Statue Tours and Activities
Former Colombian football player Carlos El PibeValderrama is known for his athletic ability and his outgoing personality, and this 22-foot-tall bronze statue of him in his hometown conveys both qualities. He is known as “El Pibe” or “the kid” and for his blond curly head of hair. His distinct personality has made him one of the most recognizable figures in football worldwide. Part of the Colombian national team in the 1990s, he represented Colombia in several international tournaments and became known for his skills in passing and accuracy in assisting. He is one of few foreign players who joined Major League Soccer in the United States.
His statue is the work of Colombian artist Amilkar Ariza, standing tall outside the Estadio Eduardo Santos in Santa Marta. It was erected in 2006 in honor of his contributions to Colombian national sports.
Tours and Activities to Experience Carlos El Pibe Valderrama Statue
- Santa Marta Historic Center (Centro Historico de Santa Marta)
- Tayrona Gold Museum (Museo del Oro Tairona)
- Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino
- Tayrona National Park (Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona)
- Playa Blanca
- El Rodadero
- Marine World Aquarium (Mundo Marino Acuario)
- Lost City (Ciudad Perdida)
- Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta National Park
- Crystal Beach (Playa Cristal)