Big Rock Falls
Big Rock Falls is a large waterfall located in the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve that attracts a number of visitors who enjoy swimming and cliff jumping.
Part of the Vaca Plateau, the falls can be reached via a short, but somewhat difficult, 15-minute hike. The trek is pretty much straight down and includes a fairly steep section with a not so sturdy railing and a rope to hold on to and aid in the climb down. Once at the water level, you must walk over slippery, uneven slabs of granite rock. The deep emerald pools are perfect for swimming or cliff jumping, and the water is very deep so there is little risk of hitting the bottom when jumping in.
Getting to Big Rock Falls from San Ignacio can be an adventure in itself. The drive is approximately 13 miles over unpaved roads throughout Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve with scenic views.
Big Rock Falls Tours
Should I book Big Rock Falls tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Big Rock Falls 2021?
What's the best way to experience Big Rock Falls?
- Barton Creek Cave Canoeing and Big Rock Falls Combo with Lunch
- Xunantunich Maya Temple and Big Rock Falls combo
- Caracol King
- Private Caracol Day Trip & Water Fall from San Ignacio
Things to do near San Ignacio
- Things to do in Flores
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Placencia
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Roatan
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Quetzaltenango
- Things to do in Petén
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands