Cable Car Museum
Amongst its famous hills and winding streets, the cable cars of San Francisco have become perhaps the most iconic part of the famous city. Though they have a historic feel, the cable cars remain both a draw for visitors and a part of the city’s public transportation today.
The subtle sound of the cables running underneath the tracks is only the first clue as to how this classic transportation system works. The city’s Cable Car Museum goes into greater depth about functionality and history of the cars. You can learn about how and when they were first developed, as well as see three original cars from the 1870s. All of the system’s mechanical parts are on display, from the brake to the grips, as well as a large collection of historic photographs that take you back in time. There’s also the chance to go underground and view a subterranean cable in operation.
Tours and tickets to Experience Cable Car Museum
What are Cable Car Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Cable Car Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Cable Car Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Cable Car Museum?
- San Francisco Scavenger Hunt Adventure
- Walking Tour of Nob Hill - Cable Cars, Luxury Hotels, French-Gothic Cathedral
- Union Square, Nob Hill, and Chinatown Urban Hiking Tour
- San Francisco Private Sightseeing Tour
Things to do near San Francisco
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon