Alcatraz, the former federal prison that once held notorious criminals Scarface Al Capone and George 'Machine Gun' Kelly, is today a national historic landmark and one of the most sought-out (and sold-out) attractions in the San Francisco Bay Area. Tour the remains of the maximum-security facility on small and windy Alcatraz Island, aptly nicknamed 'The Rock,' to scope out the grounds and cellhouse; hear stories from former inmates; and pass by the Golden Gate Bridge, Bay Bridge, and Angel Island on your 1.25-mile (2-km) ferry rides in and out.
Tours and tickets to Experience Alcatraz
What are Alcatraz hours of operation?
Should I book Alcatraz tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Alcatraz 2021?
What's the best way to experience Alcatraz?
- Combo Tour: Alcatraz Island and San Francisco Grand City Tour
- Alcatraz Tour plus Muir Woods and Sausalito Day Trip
- Alcatraz and One Day Bike Rental
- San Francisco Bay Sunset Catamaran Cruise
Things to do near San Francisco
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Santa Rosa
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon