Living Coast Discovery Center
Inside the boundaries of the San Diego National Wildlife Refuge is the Living Coast Discovery Center, a small nonprofit zoo and aquarium.
The Living Coast Discovery Center was first opened in 1987 under a different name, and since 2010 has been a working nonprofit. It's on San Diego Bay in Chula Vista, about 10 miles southeast of San Diego, surrounded by marshland.
Exhibits at the aquarium include sea life, shore birds, and native plants. There are turtles, sharks, rays, owls, egrets, herons, and several kinds of raptors. There are scheduled live demonstrations of feedings each day.
What are Living Coast Discovery Center hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Living Coast Discovery Center ?
- Kayak on the San Diego Bay
- Go San Diego All-Inclusive City Pass: Access 55+ Attractions
- Go San Diego Explorer City Pass: Choose any 3, 4, 5 or 7 Attractions
Things to do near San Diego
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Carlsbad
- Things to do in Ensenada
- Things to do in Newport Beach
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Catalina Island
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Baja California
- Things to do in Arizona