With just one day in Salt Lake City, you have plenty of time to tour the city’s historic sights, enjoy a trip into the mountains, and experience some of the evening culture. Here’s how to get the most out of Salt Lake City in just one day.
Open daily from 7am to 7pm
600 E 900 S, Salt Lake City, USA, 84104
Liberty Park is a popular destination for both visitors and Salt Lake City locals alike. A visit to the park is included in many cycling tours of Salt Lake City along with other interesting area attractions such as City Creek Canyon and Gilgal Gardens. The Rotary Playground splash pad and the Seven Canyons Fountain are great spots for kids to cool off during the heat of summer and the park hosts frequent farmers markets, food truck nights, and festivals year-round.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Liberty Park is one of Salt Lake City’s most popular city parks.
- The park has numerous running, cycling, and rollerblading paths.
- Dogs are welcome at Liberty Park, but they must be leashed at all times.
- The Rotary Playground has wheelchair-friendly activities.
How to Get There
Liberty Park is located just southeast of downtown Salt Lake City, 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) from Temple Square. Free parking is available at the park and bus line 205 stops right at the park from downtown Salt Lake. The park is also a 15-minute walk from the Trolley light rail station.
When to Get There
Liberty Park is open daily, year-round. The Tracy Aviary is each day from 9am to 5pm with extended evening hours on Mondays during the summer months. The Rotary Playground is open daily from 7am to 11pm and the splash pad and Seven Canyons Fountain are only open during the summer months.
The Tracy Aviary Located in the southwestern corner of the park, the Tracy Aviary is the oldest aviary in the country and home to over 400 birds from Utah natives to endangered and rare birds. The aviary is open year-round and offers daily bird shows, children’s activities, and special events such as hummingbird hikes, science nights, and bird watching clinics.
- Tracy Aviary
- Leonardo Museum
- Joseph Smith Memorial Building
- Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA)
- Salt Lake Tabernacle
- Latter-day Saints Family History Library
- Temple Square
- Latter-day Saints Church History Museum
- Clark Planetarium
- Discovery Gateway Children's Museum
- Utah State Capitol
- Fort Douglas Military Museum
- Red Butte Garden
- This is the Place Heritage Park
- Natural History Museum of Utah