Kinderdijk Windmills Tours from Rotterdam
Read MoreShow Less
The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kinderdijk is home to the Netherlands’ largest collection of 18th-century windmills. The 19 windmills are some of the most famous Dutch landmarks and lie a 30-minute drive from Rotterdam, making Kinderdijk a popular choice for a day trip. Here are your options for Kinderdijk windmills tours from Rotterdam.
- Explore inside the De Ster and De Leliesave windmills, and learn more about the Netherlands’ elaborate network of canals, dikes, mills, and reservoirs.
- Take an electric boat ride along the canal and admire the windmills from the water.
- Walk or cycle along the waterfront on a self-guided tour, stopping to take photos of the striking windmills.
- Visit in springtime when the tulip fields around Kinderdijk are in bloom, or enjoy a nighttime visit during the spectacular Illumination Festival in September.
- Enjoy discounts on entrance fees and activities at Kinderdijk with a Rotterdam Welcome Card.
- Combine a half-day tour of Kinderdijk with a sightseeing city tour of Rotterdam.
- Choose a guided, private tour for a personalized experience.
1 Tours and Activities | All Rotterdam Tours
Orient yourself to Rotterdam, the Netherlands’ second-biggest city, on a private 8-hour tour that leaves you ready to explore the city on your own. Get to know the city’s history, view its ultra-modern architecture, and learn about local culture. Enjoy a peaceful drive through the Dutch countryside with your driver to Kinderdijk, a working windmill, before evening return to your hotel.
Taking safety measures
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands