Riga Art Nouveau Museum (Jugendstila Muzejs) Tours and Tickets
Located in the apartment where Latvian architect Konstantīns Pēkšēns once lived, the Riga Art Nouveau Museum (Jūgendstila Muzejs) opened in April 2009. The building housing the museum was built in 1903 and features ornamental reliefs on the exterior and a spiral staircase and decorative ceiling paintings on the interior. The staircase is considered one of the most impressive in Europe. It is one of the highlights of Alberta iela, a street well known for its Art Nouveau-style architecture.
The museum’s current exhibition showcases typical furnishings of a Riga apartment in the early 20th century, including an entrance hall, living room, fireplace hall and an almost completely restored Art Nouveau apartment. A digital exhibition is scheduled to debut in 2016.
Tours and Tickets to Experience Riga Art Nouveau Museum (Jugendstila Muzejs)
- Albert Street (Alberta Iela)
- Swedish Gate (Zviedru Varti)
- Riga Castle (Rigas Pils)
- Small Guild (Maza Gilde)
- Latvian National Opera (Latvijas Nacionala Opera un Balets)
- Riga Town Hall Square (Ratslaukums)
- Riga Cathedral (Rigas Doms)
- Jauniela Street (Jauniela Iela)
- Riga Old Town (Vecriga)
- St Peter's Church
- House of the Blackheads (Melngalvju Nams)
- Classic Car Museum (Retro-Auto Muzejs)