Rhodes' biggest draw might be its beaches, but there's plenty to do on the largest Dodecanese Island besides top up your suntan and learn to windsurf. From exploring the island’s ancient cities to sipping wine in a traditional winery, here’s how to get the most of 3 days on the Greek isle.
Seven Springs (Epta Piges)
The Seven Springs make for a popular day trip from Rhodes town; visitors can explore the maze of walking trails running around the lake, stop for a picnic by the waterside, or tuck into local cuisine at the lakeside taverna. Some day trips to Seven Springs include time in the charming town of Lindos, known for its Acropolis, lovely beaches, and narrow streets. Adventure travelers can visit the springs as a stop on off-road tours by quad bike. There is no entrance fee to visit the area.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Don’t forget to bring a swimsuit, towel, and sunscreen if you plan to take a dip on the lake.
- The flock of peacocks who frequent the springs make the location a hit with kids.
- Wear shoes that you don’t mind getting wet, especially if you plan to walk through the tunnel to the lake; a flashlight is helpful as well.
How to Get There
The Seven Springs are 19 miles (30 km) south of Rhodes town near Kolimbia. The easiest way to get there is by car, taxi, or guided tour. Parking is free.
When to Get There
The Seven Springs are open to the public throughout the year, the restaurant and shops onsite only operate from May to October. It’s best to visit on a clear afternoon in the summer as an escape from the midday heat.
Natural Attractions on Rhodes Rhodes may be best known for its medieval city and ancient Greek ruins, but the island is rich in natural wonders as well. Besides the Seven Springs, other popular natural attractions on the island include the Valley of the Butterflies, where hundreds of these colorful insects gather from mid-June to mid-September; Anthony Quinn Bay, one of the island’s top snorkeling spots; and dozens of stunning Mediterranean beaches.
- Things to do in Dodecanese
- Things to do in Marmaris
- Things to do in Sarigerme
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Kos
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Santorini
- Things to do in Alanya
- Things to do in Larnaca
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera
- Things to do in Western Anatolia