Things to Do in Reykjavik This Spring
Plants are making a verdant reappearance, sunlight is returning, and crowds have yet to arrive: Spring is one of the prettiest and most tranquil times to visit Iceland. Take advantage of the warming days on a national park day trip, and make the most of Reykjavik’s cultural plenty, too. Here’s how to plan your spring getaway.
- Admire a spectacular late-night northern lights show before summer’s midnight sun arrives.
- Plan a pampering spa trip to the thermal waters of the Blue Lagoon.
- Treat yourself to a spring-cleaning wardrobe refresh when you go for a shopping tour of the city.
- Take advantage of the longer days with a walking tour of Reykjavik’s major landmarks.
- Head out on a Golden Circle tour to see Gullfoss waterfall’s raging, glacier-fed rapids.
- Enjoy green and blossoming meadows during an Icelandic horseback-riding excursion.
- Learn all about seasonal Icelandic cuisine during a hands-on cooking class.
- See Iceland’s nature in all its glory with a trip to the wild and rugged Snaefellsnes Peninsula.
- Enjoy an unconventional way to discover the springtime scenery with a Game of Thrones–themed day trip.
- Head to the South Coast and see some of Iceland’s most spectacular landscapes when you embark on a boat tour of the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon.