Magallanes Regional Museum (Braun-Menendez Palace) Tours and Activities
This elegant and well-preserved residence was once home to Braun Menendez—an intrepid pioneer who called Punta Arenas home. Just beyond the ornate iron gates travelers will find an incredible array of artifacts that explore the rich history and cultural diversity of the Magallanes region. From lush tapestries and shimmering hardwood floors to handcrafted furniture and beautiful statues, the Magallanes Regional Museum showcases how European influences made their way to South America.
The palace is divided into three major areas, and travelers can venture through collections of artifacts brought by the family from Europe, or delve into an array of maps and photographs that explain the region’s history. And a visit to the restored servants’ quarters showcases the day-to-day routines from the Braun Menendez family’s earliest days.
Tours and Activities to Experience Magallanes Regional Museum (Braun-Menendez Palace)
- Plaza Muñoz Gamero
- Magdalena Island (Isla Magdalena)
- Maggiorino Borgatello Salesian Museum (Museo Salesian)
- Punta Arenas Cruise Port
- Punta Arenas Municipal Cemetery
- Tres Puentes Wetland (Humedal Tres Puentes)
- Nao Victoria Museum (Museo Nao Victoria)
- Penguin Colony of Otway Sound (Seno Otway)
- Strait of Magellan
- Fort Bulnes (Fuerte Bulnes)