Top Prague Historical Tours
466 results | All Prague Tours
* A traveler said: "Wonderful, detailed tour of the castle grounds. The tour begins at the Charles bridge so we had a nice walking tour of the bridge and area near the castle before getting to the castle. Our tour guide, Martin was very knowledgable and passionate on the topic."
* A traveler said: "The guide makes the tour and Martin was excellent. He was pleasant and knowledgeable and answered all our questions. The tour was comprehensive. The lunch was delicious. My only complaint might be the amount of walking, but we had our lunch break in between so that made it ok."
* A traveler said: "Tour guide was very knowledgeable and able to give background and context to the sites. I would definitely recommend this tour as it will enrich your experience of an already amazing p."
* A traveler said: "A very beautiful town outside of Prague, the castle was beautiful too with lots of Renaissance painting and gigantic ballroom."
* A traveler said: "Outstanding, we had a wonderful trip with Jan. So knowledgeable and such a great tour that was specialized for us."
* A traveler said: "Michal was great. He did a wonderful job showing us around and telling interesting stories about Prague during WWII."
* A traveler said: "It was a well organized tour. Obviously very sad and heavy but so important to see what they went through. To see how the nazis used Terezín to hide the truth and deceived the world. To be remembered and never repeated."
* A traveler said: "JP is an excellent guide! With so many interesting things to tell and in a way you’ll never get bored!! And also for a good cause. The group is small so you can ask questions And JP answers everything. I recommend it a 1000%"
* A traveler said: "A wonderful tour of this beautiful city. Our guide showed us many sights we would have otherwise missed and explained the history of Prague as well"
* A traveler said: "Wasn’t too sure about this before I booked but our guide was fab giving lots of interesting facts and information. The nuclear bunker was incredibly interesting. Well done and a great insite into people living under the communist regime."
* A traveler said: "Ian was a very cool person and a very friendly guide. We had a really nice and informative tour, we learned so much in this 3 hours! We would never get to know this much about the castle, if we would have gone on our own ! Ian was very nice and always asked if we would have some questions or if need something. He knew a lot and always added some funny information! We would do it again."
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful tour, the even guide extended a bit overtime and we learned many interesting and uncommon facts :)"
* A traveler said: "I thought I sent this in, but if I didn't, I didn't want to miss the opportunity. Martina was among the best guides we have ever had in Europe. Bright, articulate, informative, kind, respectful, and a pleasure to be with. Every quality you want in a guide. Hope we expressed ourselves clearly."
* A traveler said: "This tour was fantastic. Radek was very knowledgeable and showed us some lesser known things that we would've missed on our own. Great Trip!"
* A traveler said: "Vladimir was a wonderful guide. Explained everything so well and took such good care of us. It was a wonderful day and our favorite tour while in Prague."
* A traveler said: "Roman was a great Tour Leader. His English was excellent, and he explained everything to us. Very friendly and easy to be with. If we ever return to Prague, we would definitely want Roman as our tour leader."
* A traveler said: "Vadim is amazing, his knowledge of cultural, historical, architectural Prague as well as religious history and world literature as it relates to Prague is not to be missed. Being ill and on my way down the health rabbit hole, Vadim was considerate and thoughtful of our needs. We may have disagreed some on Freud, Vadim's points being far more literate than mine. Prague was a total eye-opener, on my bucket list, and this was the perfect way to start us off. Wish I hadn't been too sick to get to he Jewish part. This clearly means another trip!!!!! Thank you Vadim! Anne B"
* A traveler said: "Very interesting tour that focuses on an event that happened during WWII. My husband and I enjoyed this tour. Including explanations and visit to the area of town where the assignation of Heydrich Reinhard happened, the church where the soldiers were hiding from the Nazis, and the small town of Lidice. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly. We recommend this tour if you are interested in WWII."
* A traveler said: "Lenka was awesome! We got picked up at our hotel and then we rode the tram to prague castle. It was just me and my mom and we had a lot of questions but Lenka was able to answer all of them! Highly recommend using their tour company for the other days too!"
* A traveler said: "Me and my daughter had this great private tour with Michal. Michal was in touch with me after the booking and even though the tour included only the basic tour of the castle he was willing to change it for the (basic + chapel tour) if we paid the difference in cost. I decided to pay that difference of 600 korunas and Michal was happy to purchase the ticket which included the chapel (it turned out later that we did not receive the basic tour at all). We were picked up from our hotel on time. The drive up to the castle is very nice (perhaps 45 minutes or so). There is a 20-minute walk up to the castle from the parking lot through a road that can be a bit steep at times. Karlstjen castle is located in Cesky Kras national forest. Emperor Karl IV, the Bohemian King and the Holy Roman Emperor built the castle in 14th century to store the jewels of the Holy Roman Emperor. The jewels were stored in the Holy Rood Chapel of the castle. Michal bought the tour ticket in English language. So, we were handed over to the castle guide who guided us inside the castle (there are some steep steps to climb if you have knee issues). The guide was very good. For some strange reason and I am not sure why and I am a bit sad about that, we did not get the tour of the imperial living quarter of Karl IV (which is included in the basic tour and should have been included in our more expensive and all-inclusive tour). Upon reading later I realized that we never got to see a big chunk of sites - Imperial Palace, Hall of Knights, Chapel of St. Nicholas, Royal Bedroom, and Audience Hall. However, the parts we saw are beautiful. Some of the 13th century wall paintings are precious items to see in this castle. The Holy rood chapel has wall studded with precious or semi-precious stones and has many paintings of important officials of that time. The view of the top of the castle is also spectacular! After the tour of the castle, Michal took us to a nice restaurant in the area for a nice lunch. For my drink, I had Kofola (which is Czech coke) for the first time and it was very nice! We talked a lot with Michal about Czech history and religion. I found Michal nice, knowledgeable, and very fluent in English. It was a very nice day in Czech Republic! If I come to Czech Republic again and take a private tour, I will surely contact Michal."
* A traveler said: "We had a great time touring Krivoklat castle and a fun experience at the Ruckl glass factory where were able to get up and close to the workers and Erika at the factory did a great job explaining the process to us. Vladimir Stejskal did an awesome job taking us place to place and explaining the history to us and took us to incredible local gem of a restaurant in Nizbor called Zastavka owned by Tomas Hanak. You need to do this trip."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Art & Culture Classes
- Arts & Design
- Archaeology Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Historical Tours
- Literary Tours
- Music Tours
- Photography Tours
- Religious Tours
- Underground Tours
- Pop Culture
- Shows & Performances
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- St. Agnes Convent (Kláster Sv. Anezky Ceské)
- Jan Palach Memorial (Památník Jana Palacha)
- Church of Our Lady of the Snows (Kostel Panny Marie Snezne)
- Museum of Medieval Torture
- Antonin Dvorak Museum (Muzeum Antonina Dvoraka)
- St. Vitus Cathedral (Katedrála Sv. Vita)
- Pinkas Synagogue (Pinkasova Synagoga) and Old Jewish Cemetery (Starý Zidovský Hrbitov)
- Krizik Fountain (Krizikova Fontana)
- Konopiste Castle (Konopiste Chateau)
- Marianske Lazne (Marienbad)
- Prague City Gallery (GHMP)
- Prague Metronome (Prazský Metronom)
- Prague Wax Museum of Legends by Grévin (Musee Grévin)
- Church of Our Lady Victorious (Kostel Panny Marie Vitezne)
- Museum of Senses Prague
- Black Light Theatre Srnec
- Loreto Sanctuary (Loreta Praha)
- Prague Astronomical Clock (Prague Orloj)
- Prague State Opera (Státní Opera)
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Lower Austria
Day Trips from Prague
- Prague to Czech Republic
- Prague to Vienna
- Prague to Karlstejn Castle (Hrad Karlstejn)
- Prague to Bohemian Switzerland National Park (Narodni Park Ceske Svycarsko)
- Prague to Bohemia
- Prague to Dresden
- Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- Prague to Pilsner Urquell Brewery (Plzenský Prazdroj)
- Prague to Brno
- Prague to Pilsen
- Prague to Karlovy Vary