Terezín Memorial (Památník Terezín)
Single entrance tickets offer access to the Ghetto Museum or Small Fortress, while combined entrance tickets allow access to both of those sites in addition to the Magdeburg Barracks. Most visitors arrive on a day trip from Prague and explore the camp on a guided walking tour, taking in sites such as the Schutzstaffel headquarters, the Gestapo prison cells, the Ghetto Museum, and the Magdeburg Barracks. For a more personalized experience, opt for a small-group visit or a private tour.
Recent reviews from experiences in Prague
Things to Know Before You Go
The camp is spread out over a large area, so wear comfortable shoes and suitable outdoor clothing.
Be mindful of the site’s somber history and observe the rules of visiting, which include acting and dressing with appropriate respect.
Most of the buildings at the Terezin Concentration Camp are wheelchair accessible, and admission is free for disability cardholders.
Guided tours of the Small Fortress and Ghetto Museum are offered in English, Czech, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Russian.
How to Get There
Terezín Memorial (Památník Terezín) is located in the fortress town of Terezín in North Bohemia, 30 miles (48 kilometers) northwest of Prague. Public buses run from Florenc station in central Prague and take about an hour, while most guided tours offer round-trip transportation.
When to Get There
Terezin is open year-round, but it’s busiest during the summer months. Aim to visit early in the day to avoid the main crowds. Although opening hours vary by site and season, the memorial typically opens between 8am and 10am and closes between 4pm and 6pm.
Learn More About World War II in the Czech Republic
Like many western and central European countries, the Czech Republic is home to many World War II memorials and points of interest for history buffs. Alongside the Terezin Memorial, stop by the Memorial to Operation Anthropoid in Prague, the one-time Gestapo-run Petschek Palace, and historic Prague Castle, where Hitler once visited.
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Magdeburg Barracks (Magdeburska Kasarna)
- St. Vitus Cathedral (Katedrála Sv. Vita)
- Prague Zoo
- Troja Chateau (Trojský Zámek)
- Wallenstein Palace Gardens (Valdstejnská Zahrada)
- Krizik Fountain (Krizikova Fontana)
- Public Transport Museum (Muzeum MHD)
- Letná Park (Letenské Sady)
- Villa Bílek (Bílkova Vila)
- The Slav Epic (Slovanská Epopej)
- Prague Metronome (Prazský Metronom)
- Loreto Sanctuary (Loreta Praha)
- Golden Lane (Zlata Ulicka)
- National Technical Museum (Národní Technické Museum)
- Lobkowicz Palace (Lobkowický Palác)