Podskali Custom House at Výton (Podskalská Celnice na Výtoni)
The custom house now holds a small museum on the second floor with photographs and models illustrating the history of the Podskali people and their methods of transportation along the river. Built in a Gothic style, the house features a plastered ground floor and a second floor that resembles a log cabin. You can visit for free with the Prague Welcome Card, which includes admission to other museums and monuments.
Things to Know Before You Go
Podskali Custom House is a must-visit for history enthusiasts.
Without the Welcome Card, there is an admission fee.
There is a traditional Czech restaurant on the first floor.
The building is not wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The nearest tram station, Vyton, is a minute’s walk from the building and is served by tram nos. 3, 7, 17, and 52. The nearest metro station is Karlovo Namesti, a 15-minute walk away. From Prague’s Old Town, it’s a 30-minute walk south to the museum.
When to Get There
The museum is open year-round, Tuesday through Thursday, 10am to 6pm.
Remnants of the Settlement
Next to the custom house you’ll find the only other remnant of the Podskali settlement, the baroque parish church of St. Cosmos and Damian. The church dates from the 17th century, when it replaced the original Roman-style church. Outside, on the east wall, a memorial plaque notes the building’s history.
- Things to do in Karlovy Vary
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Vyšehrad National Cultural Monument
- Staropramen Visitor Center
- Dancing House (Tancici Dum)
- SS. Cyril and Methodius Cathedral (Katedrální Chrám Sv. Cyrila a Metodeje)
- Antonin Dvorak Museum (Muzeum Antonina Dvoraka)
- Kingdom of Railways
- Charles Square (Karlovo Namesti)
- Prague New Town Hall (Novomestská Radnice)
- Prague National Theatre (Národní Divadlo)
- Vltava River
- Reduta Jazz Club
- Hard Rock Café Prague
- Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana)
- Jan Palach Memorial (Památník Jana Palacha)