Oregon Rail Heritage Center (ORHC)
Portland's Oregon Rail Heritage Center (ORHC) pays homage to the days when trains were the primary way in and out of the region.
The Oregon Rail Heritage Center was opened in 2012 on the east side of the Willamette River after the demolition of an historic roundhouse necessitated moving three steam locomotives owned by the city of Portland. The three locomotives are now at the ORHC, which is near the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.
Two of the three steam locomotives are operational, and are sometimes used on special train trips in the area. The three were built in 1905, 1938 and 1941. In addition to the steam trains, other pieces in the ORHC collection include vintage rail cars and special seasonal exhibits on Portland's historic rail network.