Pinang Peranakan Mansion
A visit to the Pinang Peranakan Mansion provides a good introduction to the history and culture of the Peranakans (also known as Babas and Nyonyas). These Straits Chinese settlers were unique to this part of the world, and adopted certain ways of life from both local Malaysians and the colonial British.
With more than 1000 items on display, this opulent mansion showcases a typical affluent Baba household from a century ago, giving an insight into their lavish lifestyle, as well as their many customs and traditions. Built at the end of the 19th century, this courtyard house features traditional Chinese carved-wood panels combined with English tiles, European furniture, and Scottish ironworks.
A trip to the Pinang Peranakan Mansion can be incorporated into a heritage tour of Penang, which includes visiting other cultural and architectural wonders, such as Khoo Kongsi and Fort Cornwallis.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Pinang Peranakan Mansion hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Pinang Peranakan Mansion?
- Penang: Flexible 6-Hours Highlights
- Private Tour: Full Day Center Penang Island Tour
- Penang: George Town City Half-Day Attractions
- Private Tour : Penang Excursion Tour
Things to do near Penang
- Things to do in Ipoh
- Things to do in Tanah Rata
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Kuala Besut
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Perak
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Pahang