While almost always busy, Pattaya Beach offers plenty of space and plenty to do, whether you prefer to lie out in the sun on a deck chair or get your adrenaline pumping with some form of aquatic adventure. The beach is divided into three zones; the northern end tends to be the quieter of the three, with things picking up through the central zone and into the south, where Pattaya's nightlife reaches its rowdy zenith.
Things to Know Before You Go
Pattaya Beach is a must for sun lovers and water sports enthusiasts.
Relax on the sand or try out one of numerous water sports available at the beach.
Don't forget to bring along a towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
How to Get There
The nearest airport to Pattaya Beach is in U-Tapao, about 45 minutes outside of the city by road. Once in town, the beach is hard to miss. You can get there by local bus, taxi, orsongthaew (a dark blue pickup truck converted into a bus).
When to Get There
Pattaya's tropical climate means just about any time is a good time to visit. The best weather falls between November and February, and this is also peak tourist season. Hot and humid weather from March to May makes cooling off at the beach an appealing idea. While the rainy season between June and October is the quietest time of year, heavy rainfall can put a damper on a day at the beach.
Other Beaches in Pattaya
Pattaya Beach is only one among many sandy escapes visitors have to choose from in this resort destination not far from Bangkok. Nearby Jomtien Beach is the place to go for windsurfing or kiteboarding lessons, while Naklua and Wong Amat beaches are better for swimming. Hop on a speed boat to offshore Coral Island to snorkel, parasail, or windsurf in the tranquil waters.
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in Bangkok
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Ripley's Believe it or Not! Pattaya
- Pattaya Teddy Bear Museum
- Pattaya Floating Market
- Nongnooch Garden Pattaya (Nong Nooch Tropical Garden)
- Pattaya Water Park at Pattaya Park Beach Resort
- Mini Siam
- Underwater World Pattaya
- Sanctuary of Truth (Prasat Sut Ja-Tum)
- Alangkarn Show Pattaya
- Coral Island (Koh Larn)
- Frost Magical Ice of Siam
- Pattaya Dolphin World
- Upside Down Pattaya