Coral Island (Koh Larn)
Coral Island caters to both adventurous travelers and those looking to relax. Take a glass-bottom boat ride to marvel at colorful fish, sea urchins, parrotfish, and sea sponges; kick things up a notch with a banana boat ride or parasailing experience; or simply sink your toes into the sand.
Group and private tours typically include include transportation from Pattaya hotels and a tour guide, and include plenty of free time to explore Coral Island’s six main beaches, all of which are lined with seafood restaurants and offer opportunities for activities like parasailing, water skiing, and scuba diving in the green-blue waters.
Recent reviews from experiences in Pattaya
Things to Know Before You Go
Coral Island is popular with beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts.
Don’t forget to bring a swimsuit, reef-safe sun protection, a change of clothes, and a towel.
Day trips to Coral Island can last anywhere from 5 to 10 hours, depending on the activities included.
How to Get There
Coral Island is only accessible from the mainland by boat. The majority of Coral Island tours depart from Pattaya Beach’s South Pier, and the journey takes 15 minutes by speedboat.
When to Get There
The best time to enjoy Coral Island’s outdoor attractions is between November and February, when the weather is ideal. This is also Thailand’s high season, making it a great time to escape the mainland crowds.
Beaches of Coral Island
Visitors to Coral Island have several beaches to choose from. The ones on the west end of the island tend to offer the best experiences: Samae Beach has a fenced-off area for swimming, while Tawaen Beach tends to be the liveliest. If you’re looking for a quieter beach experience, try small, forest-backed Tien Beach.
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in Bangkok
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Pattaya Water Park at Pattaya Park Beach Resort
- Ripley's Believe it or Not! Pattaya
- Pattaya Beach
- Pattaya Teddy Bear Museum
- Underwater World Pattaya
- Sanctuary of Truth (Prasat Sut Ja-Tum)
- Pattaya Floating Market
- Nongnooch Garden Pattaya (Nong Nooch Tropical Garden)
- Mini Siam
- Alangkarn Show Pattaya
- Pattaya Dolphin World
- Frost Magical Ice of Siam
- Upside Down Pattaya