With its mixture of gourmet markets, cutting-edge drinking holes, and historic landmarks, Paris' Bastille neighborhood allows travelers to escape the city's bustling center and discover the "Parisian's Paris." Boutique and bohemian, Bastille buzzes with creativity, most evident in the shops and artist studios that populate its streets. The heart of the area is Place de la Bastille, the former home of the Bastille fortress, where traffic whirls at a roundabout topped by the 170-foot (52-meter) Colonne de Juillet.
Tours and tickets to Experience Bastille
Should I book Bastille tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Bastille 2021?
What's the best way to experience Bastille?
- Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour
- Off the Beaten Track: Guided Bike Tour of Paris Local Districts and Stories
- Small group Paris tour: Wine, Cheese & Pastries at the Marais
- 3 days in Paris with a Private Guide
Things to do near Paris
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Le Havre
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Normandy