Maui Day Trips from Oahu
Read MoreShow Less
Thirty minutes by plane and 80 miles (129 kilometers) is all that separates Oahu from tranquil Maui, where sparkling waterfalls splash down verdant slopes and sugar-white beaches beckon to locals and visitors alike. If you’re based in Honolulu or elsewhere on Oahu, luckily you can get a taste of this Hawaiian beauty on a day trip.
- Take a bus tour of the stunning Road to Hana on Maui’s windward side.
- Admire the views from the top of Mt. Haleakala, the highest point on the island.
- Cool off with a swim in the Seven Sacred Pools of Ohe‘o Gulch.
- Catch some rays on the black-sand beaches of Wai‘anapanapa State Park.
- Snap photos from scenic spots like the Keanae Lookout and roadside Wailua Falls.
- Explore charming and historic Hana Town.
- Pay your respects at the grave of famous aviator Charles Lindbergh.
Things to Know
You can choose a Maui day trip focusing on the Road to Hana and East Maui coast or the central highlands and Iao Valley.
Many full-day tours include hotel pickup and drop-off in Waikiki as well as round-trip airfare.
A 1-day tour can last upwards of 14 hours, so prepare for a long day.
Oahu Tours & Activities (2)
Experience the beauty of the Valley Isle on this Maui day trip from Oahu, where you’ll leave the urban city behind for a trip through the East Maui rainforest. This Hana adventure tour hits all the highlights of the famous Road to Hana, and is one of the best day trips from Oahu to Maui to see waterfalls and tropical pools.
Discover the highlights of central Maui, including Iao Valley State Park and Mt. Haleakala on this full-day excursion from Oahu. After flying to Maui, explore the stunning landscape of Haleakala National Park and visit the summit of Haleakala Volcano. View the verdant rain forest in Iao Valley State Park and admire the unusual rock formations at the Iao Needle. All park admissions, transportation on Maui, a local guide and round-trip airfare are included.