Top Normandy Historical Tours
144 results | All Normandy Tours
* A traveler said: "The tour was fantastic and treated with reverance and respect for the lives lost in the fighting. We saw sights which were historically important and awe inspiring. Our tour guide, Tom, shared plenty of fascinating information and data about the events but also passionately portrayed a compelling story of the history of the war. Would recommend very highly!"
* A traveler said: "Utah beach and the American cemetery. We loved the way our guide, Tom, managed to involve us in the history"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Alex, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about World War 2 history and gave us an unforgettable tour of Utah Beach and the surrounding area."
* A traveler said: "Antoine was absolutely excellent. Energetic, knowledgeable, fun, friendly, and timely. Delightful experience."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was excellent and I would recommend this tour for a family. It was fantastic. My teenagers loved it!!"
* A traveler said: "Wonderful tour! Romain, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about the history and current operation of Mont St Michel."
* A traveler said: "If you’re visiting Normandy exclusively for DDay, I highly suggest you book this tour. Distance from beach to beach or from airborne landing area are not as close as I thought they would be. Having a guide and someone to drive you around makes it 10x better."
* A traveler said: "Very interesting and very good guide. We visited the most important sites and listened to interesting storories and facts."
* A traveler said: "Great tour and very good and knowledgable guide. Very moving. Did a lot in 8 hours. Worth every penny."
* A traveler said: "Excellent guide. Thorough explanations of historical time period, causes and consequences. Good selection of D-Day sites visited. Plenty of time at each."
* A traveler said: "Can not say more about this tour! Our guide was very knowledgeable and gave everyone ample time to see the sites. Definitely recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Our guide Matthew was excellent. He picked us up at our Bayeux hotel at 830am and we didnt arrive back until 530pm. He took us to several sites and was very knowledgeable on all aspects of the Normandy period. I would highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a comfortable van ride from Bayeux to Mont Saint-Michel. Our guide led us on a tour all the way up to the abbey and through its many rooms and chapels. Along the way, he gave us a thorough overview of the history and many interesting details. The views are phenomenal! After we exited at the top, we had about 2.5 hours of free time to explore on our own and have lunch. Although the abbey is well worth the visit, the street on the way up and down is lined with overpriced, low quality souvenir shops and restaurants (all similar items and similar menus) which kind of diminished the historical mood/value of the abbey. Our van ride back to Bayeux was quite comfortable especially since we were hot and tired from the many steps up and down. Be aware that you must have good mobility and have a good sense of balance for this tour-lots of uneven cobblestone, steps, and pavement. It’s a workout, Overall, still a must do and well worth the visit."
* A traveler said: "We would highly recommend Mathieu for a private tour to Omaha and Utah Beach. We saw a lot! We would never have been able to see what we saw on our own. Mathieu gave us time to visit a couple museums and to see several sites while at the same time keeping us on track with our time so we could see everything we were hoping to see."
* A traveler said: "The information and history that our guide Bertram, shared with us was amazing. We had a fantastic lunch that Bertram had planned ahead for. Great driving and organization of tour."
* A traveler said: "Romain is an amazing tour guide. We learned so much and saw the high points during the day. We couldn’t have asked for a better tour and guide. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "Steven is an excellent driver, tour guide. Informative. This was a last minute booking for ne. Nice ride. 4 hours was ample for a taste of history."
* A traveler said: "The tour was outstanding, but the lunch allowed the small group to interact and tour guide explained to us things other then related to the tour. Seeing the beaches at high and low tide really gave you a feeling of what the soldiers went through on that day"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was Caroline. She was fantastic! We learned so much throughout the day that we hadn't known prior to the tour. I would definitely recommend this tour. It was well worth the money and time we spent."
* A traveler said: "We had a great Time! started in Le Havre from our cruise ship and met Matthew our guide at the pier. Matthew was wonderful and extremely knowledgeable would definitely go again"
* A traveler said: "Mike was very friendly and told me a lot about history of the landing. Having known already a lot about the DD day he told me other facts, logical history tricks and scories. It is with the price... je picked me up at 8:30 close To bayeux, brought me two two extra locations. I saw many things with a lot of information : St mère Église, the story of the paratroopers on the roof, the scarces of the german bulletts, the location of the 82nd airborn division pathfinder landing... many many other treasures of history but also wondering myself trafics and critical and very tough as both cemeteries of colléville and la cambe and also french major Kieffer and Guyenne french air force tactical group mémorial. Worth the money. I advice for the gourmets of history and good tremper this trip with Mike, this tour guide, he is the boss of the Allied victory tour. Ibis budget accommodation is pretty Nice, cheap and friendly as to reserve your budget for the tour"
* A traveler said: "Amazing. It hit each of our must sees as we did not have much time in Normandy. Charles was great and very knowledgeable. Made us want to book a full day!"
* A traveler said: "Terrie was our guide, he grew up in the area and new his WW2 history, he was very personable and gave us a lot of little known facts. I would highly suggest the Band of Brothers tour, well worth the day!"
* A traveler said: "Very friendly and knowledgable guide. Small party of 6 in the morning and just 2 in the afternoon that made for a personal and comfortable tour. Well worth it."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Panorama XXL
- Merville Battery (Batterie de Merville)
- Abbaye aux Hommes
- Trouville (Trouville-sur-Mer)
- Pegasus Memorial Museum (Pegasus Bridge)
- Joan of Arc Historial (Historial Jeanne d’Arc)
- Hillman Fortress
- Caen Castle (Château de Caen)
- La Cambe German War Cemetery
- Caen Memorial Museum (Mémorial de Caen)
- Lisieux Cathedral (Cathédrale Saint-Pierre)
- Airborne Museum (Musée Airborne)
- Caen Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux-Arts de Caen)
- Ranville War Cemetery
- D-Day Experience & Dead Man's Corner Museum
- Falaise Memorial (Mémorial de Falaise)
- André Malraux Museum of Modern Art (MuMa)
- Sword Beach
- Arromanches 360
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Loire Valley
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Burgundy