Extending for 1.3 miles (2 kilometers) across New York City’s East River, this 19th-century bridge sees constant foot, bike, and car traffic thanks to commuters and sightseers alike. After a construction beset by tragedies—at least 20 people died during the building process—this steel-wire suspension bridge, then the world’s largest, finally opened to the public in 1883. Today crossing the Brooklyn Bridge is an essential New York experience. Visitors come in droves to admire the bridge’s dramatic neo-Gothic towers and the stellar views of Lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn waterfront.
Tours and tickets to Experience Brooklyn Bridge
What are Brooklyn Bridge hours of operation?
Should I book Brooklyn Bridge tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Brooklyn Bridge 2021?
What's the best way to experience Brooklyn Bridge?
- Private New York City Open-Door Helicopter Flight from Westchester
- CITY WALKING TOUR THEN SKIP THE LINE To THE STATUE OF LIBERTY
- Full Day Highlights & Hidden Gems With A Local: Private & Personalized
- Private NYC Highlights by Chauffeured Escalade
Things to do near New York City
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Connecticut