Extending for 1.3 miles (2 kilometers) across New York City’s East River, this 19th-century bridge sees constant foot, bike, and car traffic thanks to commuters and sightseers alike. After a construction beset by tragedies—at least 20 people died during the building process—this steel-wire suspension bridge, then the world’s largest, finally opened to the public in 1883. Today crossing the Brooklyn Bridge is an essential New York experience. Visitors come in droves to admire the bridge’s dramatic neo-Gothic towers and the stellar views of Lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn waterfront.
Ways to experience Brooklyn Bridge
Browse. Filter. Book.
Private Brooklyn Walking Tour with Personal Photographer: Brooklyn Bridge, DUMBO and Brooklyn Heights
What are Brooklyn Bridge hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Brooklyn Bridge?
- New York City: Brooklyn Bridge & Waterfront Bike Tour (2 Hours)
- New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour
- Brooklyn Bridge and Lower Manhattan Highlights Walking Tour
- Private Guided Walking Tour of the Brooklyn Bridge and DUMBO
Things to do near New York City
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Delphi
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in New Jersey
- Things to do in Connecticut