The Southern Highlands of New South Wales are a combination of natural sites, including mountains, caves, and waterfalls, and quaint villages filled with historic homes and heritage sites. Visitors to the area can picnic, hike, or bike through Morton National Park or enjoy a leisurely afternoon in the Corbett Gardens of Bowral. Alternatively, visit the many historic manors and mansions that dot the small towns like Berrima, Bundanoon, and Bungendore. Charming cafes and traditional pubs round out the experience.
The rolling green hills of the Southern Highlands are home to cooler temperatures, with ideal conditions for producing wine. A handful of excellent vineyards are open for tours and tastings. Whether you’re exploring the outdoors — the Fitzroy Falls, Illawarra Fly Tree Top Walk, Wombeyan Caves, to name a few — or soaking in the historic ambiance of small, old towns, the Southern Highlands provides a contrast to the bustle of urban life in Sydney.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Southern Highlands?
- Join A Tour - Bowral Wineries Tour - Depart anywhere in the Southern Highlands
- Wild Australian Wildlife 4WD Tour from Sydney
- Sydney Wine Tour – Wine, Waves & Wildlife in South Coast
- Sip n Savour: Southern Highlands Premium Wine Tour from Sydney
Things to do near New South Wales
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Newcastle
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Brunswick Heads
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in North Island