Seal Rocks Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Located in New South Wales, between Port Macquarie and Newcastle along Australia’s eastern coast, the village of Seal Rocks is renowned for its undeveloped beaches and prime surfing opportunities. Visitors also come to see the impressive Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse, which offers stunning views.
Seal Rocks offers visitors a retreat from city life with pristine beaches, great surfing, and small coastal-town charm. Historic Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse and Seal Rocks Lookout provide panoramic views and opportunities to catch sight of humpback whales and Australian fur seals. The lighthouse is located on the northern edge of the Myall Lakes National Park, which is a prime destination for hiking and kayaking.
Things to Know Before You Go
- There’s an entrance fee per vehicle to access Myall Lakes National Park.
- Whale watching season in South South Wales usually lasts between June and August.
- Sugarloaf Point LIghthouse is open year-round with occasional closings due to weather.
- There are many walking trails and camping sites nearby.
How to Get There
Best reached by car, Seal Rocks is located about 85 miles (137 kilometers) north of Newcastle, and 170 miles (276 kilometers) north of Sydney on the eastern coast of Australia.
When to Get There
Seal Point Lookout and Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse are open year-round, but are best enjoyed during whale-watching season. It begins in winter, peaks in July, and ends when whales begin to migrate back home in August.
Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse
The historic Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse was built in 1875 to safely guide ships past the rocky point. It stands about 50 feet (15 meters) high on a headland overlooking Seal Rocks Village. Below the lighthouse, the original keepers’ cottages have been carefully refurbished into vacation rentals with outdoor spaces.
Address: Seal Rocks, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Seal Rocks
No results found!
Things to do near New South Wales
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Newcastle
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Brunswick Heads
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in North Island