Top Munich Historical Tours
182 results | All Munich Tours
* A traveler said: "Beautiful area and scenery! Highly recommend this tour. Knowledgeable guides and fantastic driver. Thanks!"
* A traveler said: "Salzburg is a real beauty and our tour guide, Susanna, knew where to take us and had a vast knowledge of Salzburg which she shared with us in a way that kept us interested. I highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Jeff was a great tour guide. He was personable and knowledgeable. You’ll see all the major stuff on the tour of old town."
* A traveler said: "I learned a lot. Our guide was very good. You got to see what was going on behind the scenes as Hitler rise to power was based on lies and good marketing."
* A traveler said: "Charlie was a great guide and we had plenty of time to look and wonder around on our own . I enjoyed the small group. The train ride was a very good way to see the beautiful country side"
* A traveler said: "It was a very thought provoking visit to Dachau concentration camp. Jeff, our guide, had extensive detailed knowledge about the history and brought this life with accounts of victims and survivors, which made the trip all the more powerful. I would recommend this trip to everyone."
* A traveler said: "It was a great tour, with a very knowledgeable tour guide and certainly worth the visit. An eye-opening visit to the Nazi Party Rally Grounds was included."
* A traveler said: "Very comfortable bus ride to Rothenburg. We stopped at a fun and interesting castle in Harburg, which included a guided tour. Jackie, our tour guide, gave us wonderful insights all along the way on the Romantic Road to Rothenburg. The town of Rothenburg felt like we were transported back in time... it was quaint and picturesque!"
* A traveler said: "Good overview of city brewing history and review of Bavarian Beer culture. Fun and informative guide - SteveO and got to sample many different beers and typical Bavarian food sample plate."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide was Cornelia and she was amazing! I felt like I was learning secrets about WWII! She truly went above and beyond with the history of Hitler and Post WWI Germany. Her delivery was elegant and unbiased. I would honestly book the same tour again just because it was so amazing!"
* A traveler said: "Perfect day in southern Germany…lots of history and great food. The guide (Monika) was amazing! The bus ride was very comfortable with beer and snacks"
* A traveler said: "The tour guides for both Dachau and the Third Reich walking tour were very knowledgeable and friendly. The tour ran very smooth!"
* A traveler said: "Best way to see Munich, might have to do the 48hr one though because the Nymphburg Palace itself could take 2 or more hours. Enjoyed it, just might miss some of the extra things because the guide only speaks in English for housekeeping items and when the next stop is."
* A traveler said: "Interesting tour of the city of Munich. Got to go inside a lot of old churches and see Marienplatz. Constance from Nova fairy tales was very nice and gave a lot of information about the history of Munich."
* A traveler said: "It was an amazing experience! Alun provided a truly comprehensive explanation from the beginning to the end."
* A traveler said: "James was an excellent guide and we were impressed with his knowledge of the concentration camps as well the history of the Nazis. Travel to Dachau via train and bus was easy and seamless. I would highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Danny was a great tour guide. She was knowledgeable and organized. The bike tour was one of the best I’ve had"
* A traveler said: "Fantastic experience! Even in the thick fog, without the panoramic views. Tour guide Elizabeth did an extraordinary job. She went above & beyond & she was very thorough & patient with everyone. Made new friends along the way too! All around great experience. I highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "Our guide was fantastic. We learned a lot and had a very pleasant experience. I would gladly do this your and similar tours going forward."
* A traveler said: "Somber and a great learning experience. Our tour guide was very informative and knowledgeable. Some of the facts were very hard to digest,but our tour guide was very gracious in giving us space to take these painful events. A very worthwhile trip. I highly recommend it."
* A traveler said: "Great day was had with Mentor (driver) and Francesca (guide). Picked up as indicated, in a new, well appointed mini coach. Francesca was informative throughout our trip. In turn Mentor drive with great care and attention throughout. Great experience and in truth a really good day."
* A traveler said: "Great experience, tour guide was knowledgeable and was very nice. The trip itself was awesome and definitely had enough time allotted for the tour and lunch. We also stopped at a small village in the valley which was picturesque and a good place for coffee, shopping or just exploring."
* A traveler said: "Informative walking Historical Tour on the Third Reich in Munich and Germany, with many interesting Munich geographic locations included and discussed."
* A traveler said: "Our tour with Siggy was a pleasure! We have not been to Munich before and got a really good overview of the most important sights as well as the history! Would definitely do it again. Best regards, Sven and Anna"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Old Pinakothek (Alte Pinakothek)
- Munich Toy Museum (Spielzeugmuseum)
- New Pinakothek (Neue Pinakothek)
- SEA LIFE® Munich
- Field Marshals' Hall (Feldherrnhalle)
- House of the Arts (Haus der Kunst)
- Linderhof Castle
- Andechs Monastery
- Bavaria Filmstadt (Bavarian Film Studio)
- BMW Museum
- Cathedral of Our Blessed Lady (Frauenkirche)
- Bavarian State Opera (Bayerische Staatsoper)
- Victuals Market (Viktualienmarkt)
- St. Peter's Church (Peterskirche)
- Deutsches Museum
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Austrian Alps
- Things to do in Upper Austria