If you want to (potentially) catch a Bollywood star out for a morning jog (or even want to do a bit of seaside jogging yourself), this is the place to go. Because of its location near the posh Bandra neighborhood, it's not uncommon to glimpse a star here; until 2014, there was even a Hollywood-inspired Walk of the Stars here featuring handprints of Indian mega-celebrities, and it's still a popular stop on Bollywood-themed tours.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Bandstand is a must-visit for Bollywood fans, joggers, and avid people-watchers.
- If visiting during the day, don’t forget to wear sunscreen (or rain gear).
- Much of the promenade is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Bandstand Promenade stretches along the coast, from just north of Bandra Fort and the Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount and clear up to the southern reaches of Bandra West. It's well-connected to the rest of Mumbai by public transportation, and the Bandra commuter railway station is about a 10-minute taxi ride away.
When to Get There
The Bandstand Promenade is always open, but like all outdoor attractions in Mumbai, it can be difficult to visit during the rainy monsoon months (June through early September) On some weekends and evenings, the promenade’s amphitheater hosts concerts and performances, as well as the annual Mumbai Festival and Celebrate Bandra Festival.
The Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount One of the most popular attractions in the Bandstand Promenade area is the The Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount. This huge Roman Catholic church attracts a wide range of visitors of all faiths, particularly during the annual Bandra Fair in September, which honors the Feast of the Nativity of Mary.
- Things to do in Pune
- Things to do in Aurangabad
- Things to do in Goa
- Things to do in Udaipur
- Things to do in Jodhpur
- Things to do in Bangalore
- Things to do in Pushkar
- Things to do in Jaisalmer
- Things to do in Jaipur
- Things to do in Coimbatore
- Things to do in Maharashtra
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Tamil Nadu
- Mount Mary Church
- Bandra-Worli Sea Link (Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link)
- Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Temple
- Juhu Beach
- Haji Ali Dargah
- Dhobi Ghat
- Mahalakshmi Temple
- Kanheri Caves
- S.J. Studios
- Mani Bhavan Gandhi Sangrahalaya
- Babulnath Temple (Babulnath Mandir)
- Hanging Gardens (Ferozeshah Mehta)
- Chowpatty Beach
- Kamala Nehru Park