Things to Do in Mornington Peninsula
- Temperatures can reach 77°F (25°C) during the summer months (December–February), so sun protection is a must.
- If hiking or picnicking during the summer months, be aware of the bushfire risk and adhere to the fire ban and other recommended precautions.
- There is no public transport to the hinterland areas, so you will need your own car or to visit as part of a tour.
- Be sure to book tours, hotels, and activities in advance during the summer months, as they can book up quickly.
One of Victoria’s most significant landscapes, Point Nepean National Park spans more than 1,000 acres (560 hectares) on the pristine Mornington Peninsula. Visitors can immerse themselves in the coastal views and native grasslands while exploring the rich history of the park. What began as indigenous land became one of the earliest European settlements in Victoria during 1845, then a quarantine station before the site turned into a military center. In addition to its rich culture, the park is host to a world of marine life, including emerald-colored sea shrubs and invertebrates.
Discover Victorian landmarks, such as the park’s highest point, Cheviot Hill, overlooking the jetty where Prime Minister Harold Holt disappeared in 1967. History buffs can visit Fort Nepean for panoramic views and explore military fortifications used in both World Wars. Numerous hiking trails and beach walks of varied length start in the park.
Dive into nature’s wonderland! The Enchanted Adventure Garden, situated on the Mornington Peninsula at scenic Arthurs Seat, offers 22 acres of outdoor thrills and adventures. Seasonal gardens bursting with vibrant colors set the backdrop for activities, as travelers can cruise through the treetops with a canopy walk, get lost in the hedge maze, or zipline through the greenery. Adventure-seekers will love tree surfing and tube sliding. Other options include getting lost among the hedge topiary sculptures, wandering through the bushland obstacles and relaxing with a picnic at the onsite café and take it all in.
Things to do near Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Launceston
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Seven Mile Beach
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Barossa Valley
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia