* A traveler said: "From start to end, this was the most amazing day. Bruno was warm and knowledgeable. He treated us like family with insights on the area and made sure all was perfect at each of the vineyards we visited. He curated a perfect day- private winery tour in the country, lunch with an amazing view at buzzy Gambino, and wrapping up the day with the delicious wines, hospitality and breathtaking views at Gibellina. I must add we felt at ease the entire trip thanks to Bruno ensuring we had water, tea, coffee, peaches (from his home!)… it was a true delight."
* A traveler said: "He made it a memorable day for our group. He was caring, fun and generous with his history of the areas. Our driver, Louisa, got us to and from our stops safely and conscientiously."
* A traveler said: "We saw more than I expected. Mt. Etna, the town of Taormina and the Corso Umberto. Walked to and sat in the Greek Theatre, and traveled up to the village of Castelmola. A more in-depth tour than what the ship offered."
* A traveler said: "very informative and vivid. We appreciate our guide. we got the history of Messina and enjoyed the marvellous view on the Street of Messina from above. Thank you!"
* A traveler said: "Well orchestrated pickup at the ship pier with a small bus. Sabrina was a great guide giving us just enough of both Castelmola and Taormina and then free time to explore. Both are fantastic sites to visit."
* A traveler said: "Beat the crowds and do what you want tour!!! Etna is wonderful. What a sight!! Food was Great!! The Wine was worth the trip all by itself. Guide was very knowledgeable and customized the trip for us."
* A traveler said: "Marco was an amazing guide. Very professional and knowledgeable. He went over and above to make this tour as wonderful as he could. He made this tour fabulous!"
* A traveler said: "We unfortunately couldn't make it up the mountain to tour Etna being that a snow storm came in the night before and the roads were treacherous. Gino tried his best to drive through it but it became too much for our vehicle to deal with. With that being said, our tour guide Antonella and driver Gino did the best they could to make our trip worth while! Antonella was very upbeat and pleasant and also very knowledgeable of the area. We all had a great laugh when things weren't going as planned because she kept us all positive and that's what matters most! Gino was a fantastic driver and made sure to stop along the way so we could take pictures. All in all, we really enjoyed out visit to Sicily and hope that when we return, we are lucky enough to be joined by the same tour guides! They even topped off our trip by giving us each a famous Sicilian cannoli to enjoy. Thanks again to Antonella and Gino for making our trip AMAZING!"
Godfather Private Tour from Messina: Savoca and Forza D'Agro with options of Food, Wine tasting and Dinner
* A traveler said: "Maybe we were lucky, but our guide, Fabio (spoiler: it's actually his middle name), and our driver, Louisa, made sure that we were also exposed to the rich and vibrant history of towns like Savoca and Forza d'Agro above and beyond just the Godfather movie. Having the historical context intertwined with the pop-culture components made the day so much better, and Fabio's knowledge was unbelievable. As if the sites weren't enough, some truly local foods (Arancini!) at a beautiful cafe on the sea just capped off an incredibly interesting, exciting and educational day. I couldn't recommend enough this tour as a way to learn about not just the Godfather locations, but about Sicily as well!"
Horseback Riding Private Tour in Sicilian Countryside and Traditional Lunch at Farmhouse on Etna Slope
* A traveler said: "we were on a cruise and decided to do something different than the normal "mt. edna tour". Our guide Maurizio spoke almost fluent english, was a geology expert, and grew up in the local town. We felt like we got the turn Sicilian experience by going out of the commercialized town and into the countryside- it was a bit of a drive but we got SO MUCH information about the city, the island, the history, etc... it was one of our favorite tours. - note that you actually have lunch at a small famous restaurant on a farm (we thought we'd be in someones back yard or something). but the food was incredible and we were the only ones there so it was great! 100% recommend this"
* A traveler said: "Great tour with a guide Maurizio. Knowledgeable and passionate about Messina and Mt Etna. Great lunch. Ended up singing Italian songs with him while driving back to our cruise ship. Wonderful experience....."
* A traveler said: "We had a private tour and the guides and where they took us was out of this world. I considered it quite reasonable considering we had the van and guide for most of the day to ourselves"
* A traveler said: "Our guide met us at the pier and took us on an amazing tour of Messina and Taormina! Our guide was well versed and very comfortable with his knowledge of Sicily! He showed us the beauty of Taormina and we had amazing views of Mt Etna! We had a private tour for just the four of us and we loved every minute! At the end of the tour he dropped us off, at our request, at the best cannoli bakery on Sicily! Fortunately, it was just across the road from the port!! We marched onboard with four of the most delicious, fresh cannoli's ever!!"
Barefoot on Etna Slope: Sicilian Countryside Private Tour and Picnic at Rural Farmhouse from Messina
* A traveler said: "This was a great day in the country side The tour was excellent and our guide took the time to show us the great people and the food Thank you so much for a spectacular day"
* A traveler said: "This tour was fantastic. Our tour guide, Carmelo was outstanding. Carmelo was friendly, very knowledgeable and made this tour a lot of fun. Definitely make this tour part of your visit to Messina."
* A traveler said: "Maria could not have been kinder! She welcomed us into her home and the cooking experience was top notch! We loved meeting her family and the food was yummy!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Private 6-Hour Tour of Three Etna Wineries with Tasting
- Private Tour of Taormina and Castelmola with Optional Food and Wine Tasting
- Taormina and Castelmola from Messina Small Group Tour
- Private tour from Messina: Etna Volcano and Winery Visit with Food and Wine Tasting
- Tour to Etna Volcano and Taormina from Messina
- Things to do in Sicily
- Things to do in Taormina
- Things to do in Catania
- Things to do in Syracuse
- Things to do in Palermo
- Things to do in Agrigento
- Things to do in Mellieha
- Things to do in Valletta
- Things to do in Amalfi
- Things to do in Salerno
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Things to do in Puglia