Top Melbourne Layover Tours
Saved to wishlist!
9 results | All Melbourne Tours
Sort by: Featured
Experience Melbourne at sunset from the water on a 2.5-hour kayak tour on the Yarra River. Your guide takes you around Victoria Harbour and along Southbank where you pause to see the fire-ball display at Crown Casino. Enjoy an on-the-water dinner of fish and chips, then see downtown Melbourne before your tour ends next to Princess Bridge. Includes guide, use of equipment, light dinner, and kayak tour.
Enjoy a twilight kayak tour on the Yarra River with an expert guide who shows you Melbourne from the water. You can either head downstream into the heart of the city to see sites such as the Old Customs House, Turning Basin, Melbourne Maritime Museum and the Crown Casino. Or venture upstream to paddle past the Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) and Herring Island, which features sculptures by native Australian and international artists. Your tour includes informative commentary and light refreshments, with afternoon or evening departures.
Discover an out of this world landscape and breathtaking views at the Grampians. Take in panoramic views from Boroka Lookout Explore Victoria's largest waterfall - Mackenzie Falls
Explore the city’s laneways and arcades home to street art, café culture, music and ornate architecture Learn about Melbourne’s rich past from Melbourne’s indigenous history Get a feel for modern and future Melbourne with a local guide Enjoy a delicious tea, coffee or hot chocolate Gain insights into the best restaurants, bars, and cool places to go during your stay
Get the inside scoop on Melbourne’s history and highlights on this entertaining walking tour. Learn about Melbourne’s early settlers and how the city transitioned from a 19th-century port town to Victoria’s modern capital. Your local guide leads you through central Melbourne’s iconic laneways and arcades and fills you in on landmarks like Flinders Street Station, Federation Square, and Hosier Lane.
Treat yourself to a delightful day on the Mornington Peninsula on this full-day tour from Melbourne. Unwind with a relaxing, mineral-rich soak in the waters of Peninsula Hot Springs, and sample regional flavor with a delicious local lunch and wine tasting. Stop at a local strawberry farm or winery, depending on the season, and ride the Arthur's Seat Eagle gondola for panoramic views of Port Phillip Bay.
Make the most of your visit to Melbourne with a laneways walking tour led by an informative guide. Check out the laneways with a local to find tucked-away art galleries, vibrant street art, and interesting shops and cafes. You'll also stop for tastings of macarons and coffee, and learn about Melbourne’s history, architecture and cultural hotspots. Your small-group tour is limited to 10 people, which ensures a more customized experience.
Enjoy an authentic taste of the Yarra Valley on this full-day ecotour from Melbourne. Visit local farmers, family-run wineries, and artisan producers as you travel through the patchwork of vineyards and farmlands. Stop along the way to indulge in wine tasting at De Bortoli winery; sample scrumptious handmade chocolates at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie; and enjoy a delicious lunch at Rochford Winery. That’s not all: other stops include Yarra Valley Dairy and Yering Station.
Embark on a thrilling journey along Australia’s most famous coastal drive—the Great Ocean Road. Set out from Melbourne for a full-day tour by air-conditioned minivan, stopping along the way at the coastal town of Apollo Bay and Split Point Lighthouse. Keep your camera on hand as you spot kangaroos and koalas on a rainforest stroll and admire the dreamy landscapes of Port Campbell National Park, including the iconic 12 Apostles and Loch Ard Gorge. This small-group tour is limited to 11 people for a personalized experience and includes hotel pick-up.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Layover Tours in Melbourne?
The best Layover Tours in Melbourne according to Viator travelers are:
What Layover Tours in Melbourne are taking additional safety precautions?
These Melbourne experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Layover Tours in Melbourne are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Melbourne may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Day Trips
- Full-day Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Layover Tours
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Unique Experiences
- Moonlit Sanctuary Tours & Tickets
- Como House and Garden Tours & Tickets
- Australian National Aviation Museum Tours & Tickets
- Dandenong Ranges Tours & Tickets
- Sherbrooke Forest Tours & Tickets
- Churchill Island Tours & Tickets
- City Circle Tram Tours & Tickets
- Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre Tours & Tickets
- Chapel Street Tours & Tickets
- Wilsons Promontory National Park Tours & Tickets
- Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Melbourne Southgate Tours & Tickets
- Albert Park Tours & Tickets
- The District Docklands Tours & Tickets
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) Tours & Tickets
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne Tours & Tickets
- Old Treasury Building Tours & Tickets
- Lygon Street Tours & Tickets
- Scienceworks Tours & Tickets
- National Sports Museum Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
Day Trips from Melbourne
- Melbourne to Australia
- Melbourne to New South Wales
- Melbourne to Victoria
- Melbourne to Sydney
- Melbourne to Twelve Apostles
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Melbourne to Grampians National Park
- Melbourne to Healesville Sanctuary
- Melbourne to Albert Park
- Melbourne to Brighton Beach
- Melbourne to Sovereign Hill
- Melbourne to Mornington Peninsula
- Melbourne to Brighton
- Melbourne to Great Otway National Park
- Melbourne to Ballarat
- Melbourne to Geelong
- Melbourne to Great Ocean Road
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park