Magic Art Museum
Visit the museum on its own or as part of a combo ticket package with the Malacca Crocodile Park and/or Zoo Melaka (Malacca Zoo & Night Safari). Allow an hour or two to wander through the galleries and snap photos of yourself with the gravity-defying artwork. Ask the staff for tips on the best poses to make the artworks come to life; they'll even take pictures for you.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Magic Art Museum is a good choice for Instagrammers and families, particularly on a rainy day.
The 3D museum is outside the historic center on the way to Ayer Keroh.
The Magic Art Museum is not wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Magic Art Museum sits in the Bayou Lagoon Park Resort, around seven miles (11 kilometers) northeast of Melaka’s Stadthuys and a 5-minute drive from Ayer Keroh. Public transport is complicated, so most travelers self-drive or hire a private driver from downtown Melaka.
When to Get There
The gallery is open from morning until early evening Monday to Friday, with extended weekend hours and for Malaysian public holidays and school vacations. To make the most of the artworks, it’s best to visit when it’s less busy—early in the day on a weekday.
How to Enjoy Trick Art in Melaka
Melaka is home to a number of optical illusion galleries, including the Magic Art Museum, Melaka Upside Down House, and Illusion 3D Art Museum Melaka. To make the most of them, wear comfortable clothing that allows you to create a variety of poses. Skirts, dresses, and loose, flowing hair can spoil upside-down illusions: Wear pants and bring hair ties.
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Johor Bahru
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Tanah Rata
- Things to do in Ipoh
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Kuala Besut
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Johor
- Things to do in Pahang
- Things to do in Perak
- Zoo Melaka (Malacca Zoo and Night Safari)
- Malacca Crocodile Park (Taman Buaya & Rekreasi Melaka)
- Melaka Botanical Garden
- Mini Malaysia & ASEAN Cultural Park
- Melaka Bird Park
- The Shore Oceanarium
- The Shore Sky Tower
- Malacca River (Sungai Melaka)
- Cheng Hoon Teng Temple
- Illusion 3D Art Museum Melaka
- Jonker Street (Jalan Hang Jebat)
- Baba & Nyonya Heritage Museum
- Melaka Portuguese Square
- Taming Sari Tower (Menara Taming Sari)