Adaköy is a forested headland facing Marmaris Bay. Hailed as one of the region’s best-kept secrets, the peninsula attracts visitors with its tranquil atmosphere and secluded beaches. Plus, the sheltered position of Adaköy’s beaches make their waters ideal for swimming and snorkeling.
Explore the highlights of the Adaköy peninsula as part of a sightseeing cruise, which typically gives you free time to sunbathe and swim in the Mediterranean Sea. Full-day options tend to visit top Turquoise Coast sights such as Iztuzu Beach (Turtle Beach) and the Dalyan Mud Baths, while some shorter options—which prove ideal for time-pressed travelers—explore the phosphorus caves of Aquarium Bay. The hills surrounding the beaches are great for hiking and biking.
Things to know before you go
- The Adaköy peninsula provides a less-crowded alternative to the bustling beaches and strips of Marmaris.
- There are several hotels in Adaköy, which lean towards more of a luxury vibe—all of the hotels have bars and restaurants.
- Due to its rural location, Adaköy has fewer facilities. It's wise to withdraw cash and stock up on insect repellent and sunscreen in Marmaris.
How to get there
From Marmaris Bay, take a 20-minute water taxi to Adaköy Marine. For impressive waterfront views, drive or take a taxi from Marmaris Ton, which is a 20-minute drive from Adaköy via the Marmaris Adakoy Yolu road.
When to get there
For the best weather and fewest crowds, head to Adaköy and Marmaris in either June or September, which both fall outside of the peak summer season yet still promise blue skies and warm temperatures.
Exploring Marmaris National Park
If you’re ready for a break from beaches, spend the day exploring the dense forests of Marmaris National Park, where you can breathe in the fragrant smells of Turkish pine, eucalyptus, cypress, and sweetgum. The park is filled with wooden platforms that make exploring a breeze, and has several swimming spots.
- Things to do in Turkish Riviera
- Things to do in Sarigerme
- Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Bodrum
- Things to do in Kos
- Things to do in Pamukkale
- Things to do in Kusadasi
- Things to do in Selçuk
- Things to do in Izmir
- Things to do in Antalya
- Things to do in Santorini
- Things to do in Alanya
- Things to do in Larnaca
- Things to do in Dodecanese
- Things to do in Western Anatolia