Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House Tours and Activities
Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House in Muharraq was once home to Shaikh Isa bin Ali Al Khalifa, who was sovereign from 1869 to 1932, making him the longest ruler of Bahrain. The building was constructed around 1800, and a visit here will provide a glimpse into 19th-century royal life.
With its period architecture and fine wall carvings, this grand house is one of the best-preserved examples of traditional local architecture in the pre-oil era. Though unfurnished now, the ornate decoration within the house makes it a fascinating place to explore, with its multiple staircases, intricate archways, and pleasant courtyards. The building is divided into four sections, including one for the shaikh and separate areas for family, guests, and servants, each of which are well-labelled in English.
A visit to Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House can be combined with Bahrain’s other attractions exploring the country's history and culture, such as Kurar House, Muharraq souq, and the Shaikh Ebrahim Center.
Tours and Activities to Experience Shaikh Isa Bin Ali House
Frequently Asked Questions
- Old Capital of Bahrain City Tour
- Tour by local guide in Bahrain.
- Bahrain's Old Capital
- Half Day Private Tour: Old Capital of Bahrain City Tour
- Things to do in Doha
- Things to do in Abu Dhabi
- Things to do in Kuwait City
- Things to do in Dubai
- Things to do in Sharjah
- Things to do in Umm Al Quwain
- Things to do in Ras Al Khaimah
- Things to do in Muscat
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Red Sea
- Things to do in Turkish Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Cappadocia
- Things to do in Gujarat