Top Lyon Trolley Tours
Saved to wishlist!
10 results | All Lyon Tours
The perfect introduction to France’s history-filled city, this hop-on hop-off tour of Lyon makes stops at several attractions. Enrich your visit with audio commentary in multiple languages as you listen to anecdotes about the city, its people, and its heritage. Your pass is valid for the whole day, so you can get down—and back on—as many times as you’d like.
Discover Lyon’s highlights, and wend your way past major landmarks and UNESCO World Heritage sites alike, on this small-group walking tour. Meet your guide in the afternoon at the Bartholdi Fountain, and set off on foot. Over the course of several hours, you’ll learn all about the city’s history and gourmet traditions, will stroll through Vieux Lyon (its Old Town), will travel by funicular up Fourvière Hill, and more.
Hear the key moments of Lyon’s 2,000-year history during a panoramic city tour. With a private guide just for your group, you’ll check out the Basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvière, the neighborhood of Old Lyon, and the famous “traboules” passageways of Lyon. A funicular ride is among the highlights.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Maximize your time in the vibrant Lyon with a Lyon City Card, your passport for exploring the UNESCO World Heritage-listed wonders of the city. Explore esteemed museums at your own pace and receive free admission to 22 of Lyon’s most popular cultural institutions. Enjoy free guided tours and river cruises; purchase souvenirs in sophisticated shops at a discount; and see free concerts and puppet shows with your indispensable card. Select from either a 1-, 2- 3-day or 4 day pass and receive a free brochure and map-guide to the city when you collect your card.
Explore Lyon’s hillside Croix-Rousse quarter by mini-train rather than foot on this city tram tour. Board the train with its panoramic windows and roof, and trundle through the village-like streets of this one-time silk workers’ district, famous for its boho atmosphere, markets, and wall murals. Admire the traditional townhouses and best-known murals depicting historical local scenes and figures, including the ‘Murs des Canuts,’ and ‘Fresque des Lyonnais.’ Multi-lingual audio guide included.
10:00 am/English | On this guided walking tour of the historic neighborhoods of Croix-Rousse and Vieux Lyon, you will learn a lot about the culture and history of Lyon. We start on Place des Terreauxwhere you'll see the impressive the Hôtel de Ville and Museum. The Bartholdi Fountain is another highlight. Then we walk through Croix-Rousse, where the silk workers used to work. It is filled with hidden passageways, the Traboules. We will talk about silk enjoy amazing views over the city. From the Roman Amphitheatre, we descend down towards Vieux Lyon, the most famous neighborhood of the city. We will see the Fresque des Lyonnais, an impressive wall painting and Rue Juiverie, with the amazing Gallerie Philibert Delorme. We'll finish in the busy part of Vieux Lyon, right in time for lunch! Tips are greatly appreciated. Our guides spend many hours of personal time increasing their knowledge to provide you with the best experience possible. Typical tip range has been e5-10 per person.
Spend half a day exploring Pérouges, one of France’s Most Beautiful Villages. Enter the town through the Porte d'en Haut gate and check out its 15th and 16th century homes, the Place des Tilleuls, and stunning views that reach across the Ain Valley all the way to the Alps. Enjoy a “galette,” the regional specialty, with a glass of cider before your tour concludes.
Part of the Rhône Valley wine region, Côtes du Rhône produces some of the most renowned wines in France, most notably its full-bodied reds. On this tour, enjoy an intimate tasting experience at two wineries in the Hermitage and Côte-Rôtie appellations, meet the winemakers, and sample a variety of Côtes du Rhône wines.
Glide around Lyon’s UNESCO-listed historic center on an easy-to-use electric bike with this 2-hour guided bike tour. Cruise along the banks of the Rhône and Saône rivers, pedal around the lush Tête D’Or Park and zip through the dazzling Croix Rousse tunnel, with its unique sound and light show. Stop along the way to admire landmarks like Lyon Cathedral, stroll around bustling Bellecour square and discover little known monuments and local haunts.
This 2.5-hour electric bike tour shows you the best of Lyon. Hop on your bike and cruise past the old city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; Place Bellecour with its statue of Louis XIV; the colorful Croix Rousse tunnel; the banks of the Rhône, and more. Stop to enjoy a glass of wine with rosette sausage, local cheeses, cured ham, and cake in France’s culinary capital.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Trolley Tours in Lyon?
The best Trolley Tours in Lyon according to Viator travelers are:
What Trolley Tours in Lyon are taking additional safety precautions?
These Lyon experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Trolley Tours in Lyon are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Lyon may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Lyon Highlights & Secrets Walking Guided Tour (small group) including Funicular
- Pérouges Medieval Village Private Half-Day Trip with Tasting from Lyon
- Northern Rhône Valley Day Tour with Wine Tasting from Lyon
- Lyon Small-Group Guided Electric Bike Tour with a Local Guide
- Lyon Small Group Guided Electric Bike Tour with Food Tasting
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Bus Tours
- Cable Car Tours
- E-Bike Tours
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Rail Tours
- Trolley Tours
- Walking Tours
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Classes & Workshops
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Ancient Theatre of Fourvière (Théâtre Antique de Lyon) Tours & Tickets
- Lyon Palace of Justice (Palais de Justice Historique de Lyon) Tours & Tickets
- Tête d'Or Park (Parc de la Tête d'Or) Tours & Tickets
- Hameau Duboeuf Tours & Tickets
- Vulcania Tours & Tickets
- Musée Miniature et Cinéma Tours & Tickets
- Mini World Lyon Tours & Tickets
- Lyon Cathedral (Cathédrale St-Jean) Tours & Tickets
- Lumière Institute (Institut Lumière) Tours & Tickets
- Resistance and Deportation History Centre (Centre d'Histoire de la Résistance et de la Déportation) Tours & Tickets
- Lyon Les Halles Market (Les Halles Paul Bocuse) Tours & Tickets
- Célestins Theatre (Théâtre des Célestins) Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Rhône-Alpes
- Things to do in Annecy
- Things to do in Geneva
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Montreux
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Things to do in Lake Geneva
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets