Lyon Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux Arts de Lyon) Tours and Activities
Lyon's elegant Museum of Fine Art (Musee des Beaux Arts) is housed in a 17th-century palace that was designed for the Royal Abbess of the Dames de Saint Pierre and later remodeled to outrageous heights by Louis XIV.displays one of the finest collections in all France.
More than 70 rooms display one of the finest art collections in all of France, including an outsanding array of antiquities and artwork, more than 600 Ancient Egyptian pieces, rare Asian ceramics and the second-largest numismatic collection in the country. Thirty-five rooms are dedicated to European paintings, from classic artists such as El Greco and Rembrandt to more modern masters such as Picasso and Renoir.
The museum also offers temporary exhibitions, as well as activities and events for adults and children. The shady sculpture garden is often softly lit for visitors on special summer evenings.
Tours and Activities to Experience Lyon Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux Arts de Lyon)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Lyon Attractions & Museums Card & Guide with City Map
- Lyon City Historic Neighborhoods Guided Walking Tour (English)
- Private 4-hour Walking Tour of Lyon with official tour guide
- Things to do in Rhône-Alpes
- Things to do in Annecy
- Things to do in Geneva
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Montreux
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Burgundy
- Things to do in Lake Geneva