* A traveler said: "Absolutely thrilling ride. Driver Heidi has a great passion for driving and telling us the many uses and qualities of marble. Really worthwhile. It's tricky to find the meeting place. Yes, when in doubt, keep going up!"
* A traveler said: "This experience was more than we could have ever imagined or hoped for. Giuseppe is such a gracious guide and host. His creations are so delicious."
* A traveler said: "Our driver was amazing. Very knowledgeable and personable. The trip was comfortable and on time. The Dainella winery was beautiful- great tour, food and wine. The trip was perfect. Thank you"
* A traveler said: "Beautiful drive, lovely old farmhouse. Francesca was a wonderful guide. Even for the hottest day of the year we would do it again"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Lucia was great! She spoke in both English and Italian to our group and was very knowledgeable. This was a wonderful introduction to the city of Lucca."
* A traveler said: "we can highly recommend the bike & food tour with Chiara. She combines stories about Lucca’s history and today‘s life in an informative as well as entertaining way. The food stops offered yummy tuscany delicacies and drinks, so that the 3-hour-tour passed by in a flash."
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Elizabeth was wonderful. She made the trip very enjoyable. Her knowledge of each town was great. This tour was the perfect mix of guided tour and time on your own to explore. This was the perfect introduction to Cinque Terre."
* A traveler said: "The ladies were very knowledgeable about the Italian cuisine and answered all our questions, the food and recipes were amazing with fresh ingredients. We learned a lot and had a lot of fun!"
* A traveler said: "I highly recommend this tour, especially if you are staying in an apartment in Lucca, and need to find grocery stores, bakeries and such. It was also very useful for helping prioritize what we did and saw. Our guide Paulo was awesome."
* A traveler said: "Tom our tour guide was incredibly informed about Tuscan wine and the region in general. Our group consisted of our family of 6 which had not just adults but teenagers as well. He made sure the wineries had something for my teenage girls. The wineries were exclusive and excellent. The ride back in Tom’s shuttle was a treat as he let my daughters stream their music and started singing along with them. What a way to include everyone! Thank you Tom!!"
* A traveler said: "It was a really nice (a bit too short) concert It was a very nice, a little too short, but extremely good value opera evening with beautiful songs from Puccini's masterpieces. The songs were performed alternately by a man and a woman, sometimes both together. They were professional opera singers. The ambience was enhanced by the location (a church) and made it an exciting highlight in Lucca. There was also an encore with the drinking song from La Traviata ;-) Simply wonderful! Out of respect, I recommend everyone to wear at least partly evening clothes or like upscale all-day clothes (like when going to a musical in Germany). Everyone should have had this experience in Lucca!"
* A traveler said: "Tommaso, our tour guide was phenomenal. He made the tour very personal and enjoyable. His knowledge of wine and of the vineyard we toured was exceptional. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone visiting the Tuscany region."
* A traveler said: "Loved this tour. Our personal guide was thorough and very knowledgable. She made seeing areas of Lucca that we had never seen, very enjoyable. This was a 5 star tour!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Puccini e la sua Lucca International Permanent Festival
- Cathedral Museum Complex (Complesso Museale e Archeologico della Cattedrale di Lucca)
- Piazza dell'Anfiteatro
- Devil's Bridge (Ponte del Diavolo or Ponte della Maddalena)
- Puccini Museum
- Guinigi Tower (Torre Guinigi)
- Church of San Michele in Foro (Chiesa di San Michele in Foro)
- Via Fillungo
- Lucca Clock Tower (Torre delle Ore)
- Lucca Cathedral (Duomo di Lucca)