Whisky a Go Go Tours and Activities
Founded in 1964 as the third outpost of an American chain based on a Paris disco, this Whisky a Go Go was the first U.S. club to popularize the use of go-go dancers in suspended cages. The Doors were briefly the house band in the mid-1960s, and ever since, musical acts have included up-and-coming bands that have gone on to be enormously popular in a variety of genres – hard rock, metal, reggae, New Wave, grunge and more.
The Whisky, as it’s locally known, is easy to spot along the Sunset Strip, as there is always a line of patrons out front waiting to get into a show. Remaining true to its roots, the club continues to feature emerging bands rather than headliners. However, as many famous acts can claim the Whisky’s stage as the site of their first gig, it remains a historical landmark on the L.A. rock’n’roll scene.
An all-ages venue not known for its food, The Whisky offers a limited menu including burgers, fries and bar snacks. Only cash is taken at the on-site box office from Monday-Friday.
Tours and tickets to Experience Whisky a Go Go
Frequently Asked Questions
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona