Whisky a Go Go
Founded in 1964 as the third outpost of an American chain based on a Paris disco, this Whisky a Go Go was the first U.S. club to popularize the use of go-go dancers in suspended cages. The Doors were briefly the house band in the mid-1960s, and ever since, musical acts have included up-and-coming bands that have gone on to be enormously popular in a variety of genres – hard rock, metal, reggae, New Wave, grunge and more.
The Whisky, as it’s locally known, is easy to spot along the Sunset Strip, as there is always a line of patrons out front waiting to get into a show. Remaining true to its roots, the club continues to feature emerging bands rather than headliners. However, as many famous acts can claim the Whisky’s stage as the site of their first gig, it remains a historical landmark on the L.A. rock’n’roll scene.
An all-ages venue not known for its food, The Whisky offers a limited menu including burgers, fries and bar snacks. Only cash is taken at the on-site box office from Monday-Friday.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What are Whisky a Go Go hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Whisky a Go Go?
- Perfect 5 ½ Hour LA & Hollywood Tour from Santa Monica
- Private Luxurious Tour of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Highlights Tour: Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Hollywood and Beverly Hills
- Hollywood Celebrity Homes Tour
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Newport Beach
- Things to do in Catalina Island
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Carlsbad
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Baja California
- Things to do in Nevada