Los Angeles the Grove Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
One of Los Angeles’ most popular shopping destinations, The Grove is an open-air retail and entertainment complex. Stretching across 575,000 square feet (53,419 square meters), the mall hosts dozens of shops, restaurants, and even a movie theater. A trolley serves the complex—ride it for fun or to rest your feet.
After opening in 2002, the Grove quickly became a premier LA shopping destination. Visit to shop at flagship shops including Nordstrom, American Girl Place, Topshop, and other major brands, or to watch a film at its movie theater, Pacific Theatres at The Grove. The dancing fountain and restaurants ranging from fast-casual chains to the high-end 189 by Dominique Ansel, a bistro from the chef who invented the Cronut, also draw crowds.
Explore The Grove with a group on a tour, or go in the company of a private guide as part of a larger LA highlights tours. Alternatively, visit independently to enjoy a dose of self-guided retail therapy.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The concierge in the Grand Lobby assists with everything from shopping help to restaurant reservations.
- The Grove’s double-decker trolley travels along First Street.
- Check the Grove's calendar for timing on pop-up shops, drive-in movies, and concerts.
- The Grove offers a family room, which includes a playroom, nursing rooms, changing stations, and other family-friendly amenities.
- The Grove is accessible to visitors with limited mobility and offers complimentary wheelchair and stroller rentals.
How to Get There
The Grove is located in LA’s Fairfax District. Taxis and rideshare services, such as Lyft and Uber, make it easy to visit. If you drive, both paid valet and self-parking services are available. The Grove is also served by numerous local bus lines and can be reached by bicycle.
When to Get There
The Grove is open seven days a week, 365 days per year from morning until late evening. Expect extended hours for special events, and know that that certain venues’ hours vary. Christmas is a popular time to visit the landmark, as it’s outfitted with a 100-foot (30-meter) Christmas tree, glittering lights, pop-ups, carolers, and an hour of “snowfall” every evening.
The Original Farmers Market
Adjacent to The Grove, the Original Farmers Market has been a treasured LA landmark for more than 85 years. Today, it’s host to upwards of 100 vendors, eateries, and gourmet shops, and it provides a tasty, affordable lunch option if you find yourself in the Fairfax District.
Address: 189 The Grove Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Los Angeles the Grove
No results found!
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona