Spread out along a particularly scenic stretch of coastline is Southern California's artsiest resort town, Laguna Niguel and Laguna Beach. It has been a popular tourist town since the early 1900s, thanks to seven flawless miles of golden crescent beaches, caressed with a perfect climate in the stunning coastal foothills.
The privileged spot has famously attracted bohemian types since the 1920s, and remains best known for its major arts festival, Pageant of the Masters. Since 1932, locals have used elaborate costumes and settings to "recreate" the world's most famous paintings, remaining perfectly still for 90 minutes while a soaring orchestra plays. Other arts fairs, including the Sawdust Art Festival and Art-a-Fair (also held in July and August, to coincide with the Pageant of the Masters), Plein Air Painting Invitational, Festival of Arts, and other art shows draw crowds. Can't make it? Scores of art galleries, fascinating shops, wineries, and even a couple of art museums should keep you inspired.
Tours and tickets to Experience Laguna Beach
Should I book Laguna Beach tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Laguna Beach 2021?
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona