Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street (Hollywood and Vine)
Just over a century ago, the area where Hollywood and Vine now stands was empty farmland. Today, the intersection is one of the busiest and most bustling in the city. In addition to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the area is host to important film-industry landmarks like the Taft Building (where Charlie Chaplin wrote many of his films), the Pantages Theater (which formerly hosted the Academy Awards), and the Capitol Records Building.
Movie-magic tours connect visitors with the area’s behind-the-scenes tales and legends, while hop-on hop-off bus tours and bike tours provide an efficient way for the time-pressed to explore. It’s also easy to visit independently during a day out in Hollywood.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Following a recent period of renovation, the area around Hollywood and Vine now boasts more restaurants, shops, and hotels than ever.
- Be aware of the costumed entertainers who frequent the area: they may ask for money if you take photos of them.
- The Los Angeles sun can be fierce, particularly during the summer months; come prepared with sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottles, and a hat.
- The area is a must-visit for film buffs and celebrity spotters.
How to Get There
Hollywood and Vine is one of the most important intersections in the area. If using public transit, take the Metro Red Line to Hollywood / Vine Station. Alternatively, taxis and rideshare services like Uber and Lyft make it easy to explore, while bus and bike tours frequent the area.
When to Get There
Hollywood and Vine is always accessible to visitors, though it gets particularly crowded and hot during the summer months. To see the area at its calmest (and to have a better chance of spotting your favorite celebrity on the Walk of Fame), visit before midday.
Nearby Hollywood Attractions Once you’ve toured the Hollywood Walk of Fame and felt the energy of Hollywood and Vine, continue onwards to other neighborhood highlights. The TCL Chinese Theatre, El Capitan Theatre, and Madame Tussauds are all just a quick walk away.
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Hollywood Pantages Theatre
- Hancock Park
- Paramount Pictures Studio
- Museum of Death Hollywood
- Capitol Records Building
- Egyptian Theatre
- Hollywood Museum
- Hollywood Wax Museum Los Angeles
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Hollywood
- Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- El Capitan Theatre
- Dolby Theatre