Since the early 1970s, the Comedy Store has been famous for launching the careers of some of the biggest stars in stand-up comedy. Mitzi Shore (mother of comedian Pauly) bought the club from her ex-husband Sammy in 1973, turning it into a multi-room venue that includes a 450-seat Main Room for headliners, and the Belly Room, a small upstairs space that was once dedicated to emerging female comics – like Whoopi Goldberg.
Paid regulars at the club include (quite possibly) lesser-known acts like Korean-American comic Bobby Lee, the twin Sklar Brothers, and TV-game-show host Joe Rogan, as well as stars like Sarah Silverman, Louis C.K., Marc Maron, Russell Brand, Craig Ferguson, Chelsea Handler and Jay Leno.
Show ticket prices tend to be about $10. Admission is free before 7pm, but there is a two-drink minimum for all events and performance; per the club’s liquor license, only people 21 and over can attend shows here. Street parking near and on Sunset Boulevard is extremely limited, but valet parking is available at the club.
What are Comedy Store hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Comedy Store?
- The Sunset Strip: Immerse yourself in the legend of Hollywood on this audio tour
- Hollywood & Celebrity Homes
- Private Driving Tour Ferrari California T Drive from Hollywood to Sunset
- 5-Hour Hollywood and Beverly Hills Bike Tour
Things to do near Los Angeles
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Newport Beach
- Things to do in Catalina Island
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Carlsbad
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Baja California
- Things to do in Nevada