Auto Club Speedway
Motorsports enthusiasts can find a world-class track just east of Los Angeles at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California. Whether you're whizzing around the track, visiting an auto show, or watching your favorite NASCAR drivers, this is the place to do it. Auto Club Speedway is the only permanent racetrack in the LA metro area.
Auto Club Speedway is a prime destination for racing events, or to try driving a race car yourself. Since races may sell out, you should check the calendar to find your favorite event, and book tickets online. Options are diverse, from IndyCar and drag racing to car shows perfect for auto fanatics. If you want to try driving, book a day at the performance driving school, or opt for the top-tier NASCAR racing experience.
Things to know before you go
- Pack a cooler and bring snacks to enjoy tailgating before your event in your designated parking space.
- The track offers accessible seating for guests with disabilities and their companions; parking for people with disabilities is offered in specially marked spaces in the VIP parking lots, as well as Lot 1 and Lot 6.
- Bring sunglasses, sunblock, and a hat—plus lots of water—since there's limited shade from the desert sun.
- NASCAR events are covered by the Weather Protection Program, which offers ticket exchange if an event is canceled due to weather.
How to get there
California's Auto Club Speedway is located in Fontana, about 40 minutes by car from Downtown Los Angeles. The most convenient way to get here is to drive. From Los Angeles, you should take Interstate 10 east to exit 61. Parking at the speedway is complimentary, though visitors for NASCAR Sunday's events must show a parking pass for their stipulated gate.
When to get there
The best time to visit the speedway is for a race. Plan to arrive for your event, but remember that since the speedway can get crowded—particularly for popular races—you should arrive early to find parking. Check the calendar to secure tickets online, or to book a driving experience on your preferred date.
Driving Exotic Cars at Auto Club Speedway
You can whip around the track in exotic race cars or on high-powered motorcycles by booking a driving experience at Auto Club Speedway. Several operators run experiences here. You can try an introduction to racing with an instructor, or opt to drive an exotic vehicle from makers like Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini. Some experiences even let you drive your own personal car, so you can get the racing experience without a steep price tag.
- Los Angeles Little Tokyo
- Disneyland® Park
- Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens
- Old Pasadena
- Citadel Outlets
- Norton Simon Museum
- Gamble House
- Kidspace Children's Museum
- Rose Bowl Stadium
- Newport Beach
- Los Angeles Opera (LA Opera)
- Orange County Coast
- Union Station
- Olvera Street
- Japanese American National Museum