Rainbow Harbor Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Rainbow Harbor is home to a variety of recreational and entertainment activities along the Long Beach waterfront. From Rainbow Marina to Shoreline Village, visitors are spoiled with shops, restaurants, boat tours, an esplanade, and an aquarium—all with views of the water.
The biggest attraction at Rainbow Harbor is the Aquarium of the Pacific, where more than 11,000 aquatic animals provide a look at the underwater world of the Pacific Ocean. If you’d rather relax and enjoy the Southern California air, head to Shoreline Aquatic Park or walk along the Rainbow Harbor Esplanade. For a more bustling atmosphere, Shoreline Village features restaurants, shops, a carousel, and an arcade. Alternatively, take a bike ride near the water or a whale-watching tour that departs from the marina.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Rainbow Harbor is lovely for anyone wanting a fun waterfront experience, and all first-time visitors to Long Beach.
- Make sure to wear plenty of sun protection to explore the harbor, and wear comfortable shoes for walking or biking along the waterfront.
- Book a skip-the-line ticket for the aquarium to save time at this popular attraction.
- Most of the attractions and businesses at the harbor are accessible to wheelchairs and strollers; the aquarium has free wheelchairs for guests to borrow.
How to Get There
Rainbow Harbor sits between Queen’s Way, Shoreline Drive, and Shoreline Village in downtown Long Beach, across Queensway Bay from the Queen Mary. The city’s Passport shuttle bus stops at Shoreline Village, the Aquarium of the Pacific, and Pine Avenue. Water taxis also operate seasonally.
When to Get There
The aquarium and Shoreline Village are open from morning to evening; Shoreline Village has extended hours in the summer. Events such as Mardi Gras and a Christmas boat parade are popular with locals and visitors alike.
Spread out along Shoreline Drive next to Rainbow Harbor, the Pike Outlets shopping and entertainment center is known for its Ferris wheel—and its shops, of course. Popular outlet stores include Restoration Hardware, Nike, and H&M, while chain restaurants such as P.F. Chang’s and California Pizza Kitchen provide family-friendly dining options.
Address: Rainbow Harbor, Long Beach, CA, USA
2 Tours and Activities to Experience Rainbow Harbor
Let’s Roam is the #1 app-led scavenger hunt company. Walk to all the best landmarks and hidden gems, answering trivia questions and solving challenges. Work with your team or compete against them, as you learn new facts and create memorable experiences. Let’s Roam Scavenger Hunts are great as an everyday activity, or for bachelorette parties, birthday parties, corporate team building events and more! Each player chooses an interactive role, with challenges varying by person.
This self-guided audio tour of Long Beach lets you explore on your own schedule without skimping on the high-quality information you get with a guide. Major Long Beach attractions like Shoreline Village, Aquarium of the Pacific, and the Museum of Latin American Art are included and mapped out for you on your phone, so you can start, stop, and skip around to curate the tour to what you most want to see.
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Rainbow Harbor?
The best ways to experience Rainbow Harbor are:See all Rainbow Harbor experiences on Viator.
Things to do near Long Beach
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Arizona