Plaza San Martin
Inaugurated in 1921 to celebrate a century of Peruvian independence, Plaza San Martin is named after the man who liberated Peru, Argentina and Chile from Spain, José de San Martín whose bronze likeness sits astride a bronze horse in the center of the plaza. Located within the UNESCO-listed Historic Centre of Lima and surrounded on three sides by neocolonial architecture, the plaza is considered one of the city’s most important public spaces.
The plaza becomes especially lively in the late afternoon and evening, when the buildings are lit up beautifully and locals gather to chit chat or, more often, argue politics beneath the trees. On the northwestern side of the plaza sits the Gran Hotel Bolivar, a perfect place to sip a pisco sour within the historic art deco building.
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Plaza San Martin tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Plaza San Martin 2020?
What's the best way to experience Plaza San Martin?
- Lima City Walking Tour with Pick-up & Drop Off Small Group
- Private Full-Day Best of Lima Tour
- Street Food & Old Taverns Night Tour in the Historic Center of Lima
- 8-Hour: Lima City Tour Including a Cooking Class, a Market Tour & Exotic Fruits
Things to do near Lima
- Things to do in Ica
- Things to do in Huaraz
- Things to do in Nazca
- Things to do in Sacred Valley
- Things to do in Cusco
- Things to do in Chachapoyas
- Things to do in Chiclayo
- Things to do in Arequipa
- Things to do in Puerto Maldonado
- Things to do in Puno
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in North Coast
- Things to do in Copacabana
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in North Chile