Larcomar (Centro Comercial Larcomar)
Built into the coastal cliffs of the tony Miraflores enclave with expansive views along the Costa Verde beaches, Larcomar’s sweeping curves were designed to mimic the surrounding rock formations. With open-air terraces for enjoying the view and having a bite to eat, shoppers can relax in between dips into upmarket designer boutiques and charming shops selling Peruvian handicrafts.
Travelers have many options to experience the Larcomar Shopping Center as part of a half- or full-day tour that may include a cycling adventure through Lima’s downtown, a nighttime walking tour of the upscale Miraflores neighborhood, or a private retail therapy session in Larcomar and the Miraflores Market.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Larcomar is suitable for solo travelers, couples, and families, but small kids may grow tired of the shopping.
- The mall offers international chains like Starbucks, Hard Rock Café, Tony Roma’s, and TGI Fridays.
- Remember sun protection, as the mall is mostly open-air.
How to Get There
Larcomar Shopping Center is situated across from the ocean in Lima’s Miraflores district, along the Malecón de la Reserva. Accessible by taxi, the mall is about 7 miles (11.3 km) from the historic center of the city; expect a 20-minute drive.
When to Get There
Year-round, the shopping center is open daily, 10am to 11pm. The outside area facing the water is always open. Most restaurants open around noon and serve food until late.
Entertainment Beyond Shopping
Along with more than 160 shops and boutiques, the shopping center is also home to a 12-screen multiplex cinema, bowling alley, and amusement arcade. There are also a number of bars and discotheques, and a theater hosting live plays.
- Kennedy Park (Parque Kennedy)
- ChocoMuseo Miraflores
- Dédalo Arte y Artesanía
- Huaca Pucllana
- Indian Market (Mercado Indio)
- Bridge of Sighs (Puente de los Suspiros)
- Mario Testino Museum (Museo Mario Testino MATE)
- Pedro de Osma Museum (Museo Pedro de Osma)
- Santiago de Surco
- San Isidro
- Huaca Huallamarca (Pan de Azucar)
- Magic Water Circuit
- Park of the Reserve (Parque de la Reserva)
- Love Park (Parque del Amor)