Taste the delicious fruits of Peru’s thriving cacao industry during a chocolate-making workshop, learning every step of the process—from roasting the beans, removing the husk, and grinding the nibs, to refining the paste and making rich chocolate confections. Explore ChocoMuseo as part of a full-day, private or group tour, which incorporates sightseeing excursions to Miraflores, Barranco, and Lima’s historic center.
Things to Know Before You Go
- ChocoMuseo appeals to chocolate lovers of all ages.
- Chocolate-making workshops are family-friendly and available to all skill levels.
- The cost of a workshop includes materials to make chocolates and truffles.
- Handmade chocolates are ready for pickup about 45 minutes after the end of a workshop.
- Vist the café for chocolate pastries, desserts, beverages, and bars.
- ChocoMuseo is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
ChocoMuseo Miraflores is located on Calle Oscar Benavides at Kennedy Park (Parque Kennedy) in Lima’s Miraflores neighborhood. Expect about a 20-minute drive from the city’s historic center. Take any number of bus lines to the Calle Schell stop, then walk a few minutes along the Diagonal to reach the museum.
When to Get There
ChocoMuseo Miraflores is open through the week and offers daily workshops. During the first half of July, Lima hosts Salón del Cacao y Chocolate, an annual chocolate festival that attracts producers from all over the world. From December to April, the climate in Lima is generally warm and sunny. From May through November, temperatures are mild, with a thick sea fog hanging over the sea.
The Cats of Kennedy Park Down the street from ChocoMuseo is the surreal Kennedy Park (Parque Kennedy) where dozens of street cats have decided to make a home. Friendly felines mew for cuddles and treats, laze about landscaped gardens, and pose patiently for photos. Humans also gravitate to the park for picnics or to enjoy live music on the grassy knolls.
- Things to do in Paracas
- Things to do in Ica
- Things to do in Huaraz
- Things to do in Sacred Valley
- Things to do in Cusco
- Things to do in Chiclayo
- Things to do in Arequipa
- Things to do in Puno
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in North Coast
- Things to do in Altiplano
- Things to do in Amazon
- Things to do in Andes
- Huaca Pucllana
- Kennedy Park (Parque Kennedy)
- Indian Market (Mercado Indio)
- Larcomar (Centro Comercial Larcomar)
- San Isidro
- Dédalo Arte y Artesanía
- Huaca Huallamarca (Pan de Azucar)
- Bridge of Sighs (Puente de los Suspiros)
- Mario Testino Museum (Museo Mario Testino MATE)
- Pedro de Osma Museum (Museo Pedro de Osma)
- Santiago de Surco
- Magic Water Circuit
- Park of the Reserve (Parque de la Reserva)
- Love Park (Parque del Amor)